Saturday, March 12, 2011

Yard work

Buster working hard outside! (Can you see my finger in the pic?)

3/12/11 – Hello all!  I’ve had a great Saturday.
This morning I woke up and really wanted some pancakes.  Todd left to officiate a little league game so I cooked pancakes for one. 
Basically all I have done today is straighten up the house a little and work in the yard.  I worked on trimming all the shrubs and Todd and Brad went to get bark.  We have now transitioned our front beds from pine straw to black bark.  It looks really good. 
The guys dropped off one truck load and I did my hardest to spread the bark throughout the bed.  It’s not as easy as it seems – especially when the bark is wet.  I did a fair amount before completely pooping out.  I think I got a good cardio and ab workout.  After I could take no more, the guys returned with the second truck load and took over.  I gladly watched and they spread the additional and remaining bark through the beds.  They made it seem entirely too easy.  It made my workout seem like a joke.  The front beds look awesome now.
Ok, now let’s talk about important stuff.  Worms.  Everyone has something, something that they are afraid of.  Come on, admit it, you are afraid of something.  The things that we are afraid of don’t have to be scary at all.  One the whole I would hazard to say that the things that we are afraid of are never really scary at all.  What am I afraid of?  Worms.  Worms.  They scare the pants off me.  Don’t ask me why, I’m not really certain why.  They are slimy and cannot even handle the thought of one ever touching me.  I’m pretty sure I would scream and pass out if I ever touched a worm.  For that very reason I have a 3 worm limit when gardening.  One, I scream and run, then move on to another area.  Two, I scream and run, talk about how much I hate worms, then move on to another area.  Three, done.  Done.  Oh, so done.  I scream and go inside to decompress.  Maybe I should talk to my counselor about my fear of worms….?  I think a fear of worms is a healthy fear, don’t you?
Tonight we went to Marlow’s Tavern and I had some of the best sangria I’ve had in a while along with a burger and jalapeño corn grits.  Dinner was yummy.  My song of the day is “I Can See Clearly Now” by Neil Finn.
Don’t forget to spring forward!  Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment