Thursday, March 3, 2011

I can sleep through anything!

3/3/11 – Hello all.  Yesterday was a pretty good day.  I woke up and got to work a little late because of the usual chemo feeling.  I worked the rest of the day.  Working must have worn me out because I fell asleep at 8:30.  8:30!  I remember Todd trying to wake me up to go get in bed.  I didn’t want to get up.  I was prepared to sleep all night on the couch.  Something important that you should know about me – I hate to be woken up to move to bed when I’m comfortable.  It usually turns in to World War III when Todd tries to get me to move.  I finally crawled off the couch and made it to bed. My legs felt like they weighed 50 lbs each.  I rolled into bed and that’s all I remember.  Sleep is good.
Scratch that!  I do remember one thing.  I went to sleep to Todd playing Kill Zone 3 on his new PlayStation 3 (yes, he finally got one).  I was thinking that I would make a great soldier because I had no problem falling asleep listening to yelling and gun fire.  I’m really good at tuning things out.  If you’re ever talking to me and ask a question that I don’t respond to it is highly likely that I have tuned out to the whole conversation.  I think that skill is one of the reasons that I’m able to read in the breakroom during lunch time.  The only thing that throws me off my game is someone microwaving fish. (1) Ewww! (2) Why would you do that.  Some things should just not be micro waved – fish is #1 on my list.
This morning I woke up feeling a little worse (like usual).  I took my time waking up and had some breakfast.  At 11:00 Mrs. Janet and I headed up to the cancer center.  I had my pump removed and port de-accessed.  Finally free!  I was still very tired.  Once we got home I took some more nausea medicine, ate a little lunch, and then promptly fell asleep.  I just woke up at 4:50.  I’m still tired but I know I can’t sleep the whole day away.  I’m not feeling bad, just very tired this time.
I had mentioned to Mrs. Janet how she had been very good when she met my doctor and hadn’t asked any off the wall questions.  Mrs. Janet is known for her inquisitive nature.  She always has SOMETHING to ask but she had been very mild mannered and quiet for me.  I told her that I had expected her to embarrass me in some way or say something off the wall to my doctor and she told me that Todd had said if she asked questions during the consultation the doctor would send her back to the waiting room.  Success!  Finally she believed something we told her.
So Mrs. Janet has driven me around this whole week.  Thursdays I get very tired and Mrs. Janet stayed to drive me to the cancer center to get my port de-accessed.  The road that you go on to get to the cancer center has 3 stop signs.  Mrs. Janet was just driving down the road.  I could see the first stop sign coming.  She’s accelerating. “Mrs. Janet, there’s a stop sign.” “OH!” Slight whiplash but we stopped in time.  We start going again and the next stop sign has a prepare to stop sign before the actual stop sign.  When she sees the prepare to stop sign she stops as that!  “Um,… Mrs. Janet, that’s not the actual stop sign.” “Oh…”  We start going one more time and she makes the next stop sign and says “See, I got that one!”  Hahaha!  It was pretty funny.  Third time’s a charm.
I just ate half a Snickers.  The diva was starting to come out so I had to nip it in the bud.  When I’m tired and feeling a little puny it is too easy to complain and ask for something to drink, a blanket, or other random demanding stuff.  Snickers to the rescue!  I have a problem only eating half a Snickers.  The second part is staring at me and saying “eat me!” “eat me!” “chocolate, caramel, yum.”  Self control is not my strong point.
When I got home from the doctor’s office today I had a nice gift in my mail box.  Passels! They are SO SO SO yummy.  They are light wafer cookies that look a little like thin waffles with a light coating of powdered sugar.  They go really well with coffee.  The passels made me feel better.  A little happy in a bag.
Tonight is pancake night.  I decided that pancakes would make me feel better.  I’m just sitting here watching Mrs. Janet quilt trying to stay awake waiting for pancakes.  Sounds like a fun night, right?  It’s really not that bad.  If I could have anything to eat I would like a smoothie.  A smoothie sounds really good but I can’t handle the cold yet.  My song of the day is “Sleep Through the Static” by Jack Johnson.  I really like Jack Johnson.  My other song choice was going to be “Banana Pancakes” but I’m not big on banana pancakes I just like regular pancakes.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment