Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Somethings gotta change

My work from home setup

3/8/11 –
Dear Jessica Simpson Collection,
Thank you for finally answering my phone call.  I am going to pretend like you did not ignore my email that I sent the prior week since you were so nice. 
I would appreciate it if you heard back from your distributor quickly because I’m sure I will want to wear my bathing suit soon (hey, you never know!).   I hope we are able to make it work because I really want that bathing suit and still cannot justify buying the Betsey Johnson one for $178 instead.  Talk to ya later!
Kisses!
Shea
Today was just another day for me.  Home….  I’ve decided that I need to go into work some.  Working from home is awesome but I need to be around people.  It’s hard to get motivated when you’re 13 steps from your kitchen – snacking is just too easy.  I need some structure and some normalcy.  I think the normalcy is the biggest part.  I’m not ok with this – working for home, seeing no one, talking to only the dogs – becoming my normal.  That would just be sad.  I am sure I can handle going in to work for one day a week.  Who knows, I may find that I really miss it and it encourages me so much that I go back more than just one day.  I will miss the working in my pjs and always listening to music but I think I can manage a day or two. 
You may be wondering how did I come to this conclusion other than just missing interaction with people – is there a story behind this?  Those of you who know me, know there is ALWAYS a story.  Yesterday I was sitting at the laptop working like usual and the doorbell rings – Who are these people that are around to ring doorbells during the day?  What do they do for a living? – I open the door and it is a cute guy from our heating and air company.  Did anyone pick up on the fact that I said “cute”?  Yes, cute (love ya Todd).  Ok, now let’s go back and review what I’ve been wearing the past several weeks – pajamas, robe, house boots, fuzzy socks, hair that sticks up all over because I haven’t fixed it, zero make up.  I am ashamed to say there are days where I completely neglect to wash my face or brush my teeth until sometime in the afternoon – insert vebal “Eeeewww!” here.  I know!  I know.  Horrible.  But, I’m just keeping it real.  You can imagine all of this running through my head as I answer the door to find out why this cute guy is at my house, thanking my lucky stars I brushed both my hair and teeth and put on something that resembles normal clothes though I did have pj bottoms.  He explained that he was at the house to do an annual inspection just to make sure everything was working properly.  Shouldn’t I have been warned about this?  Do these guys just show up randomly?  Nope.  Todd forgot to tell me – sabotage!  What if I had on icky pjs and a robe with my hair sticking out all which way and bath breath and remnants of mascara from 4 days ago under my eye?  What would I have done?!  Cried.  I would have cried.  I would have sat down right there in front of that cute guy and cried my eyes out because of what I have let myself become.  And THAT is why I am going in to work on Friday – I’m doing it for fashion (and maybe a little for my sanity).
Guess who walked/ran 3.08 miles yesterday?  Me!  There was a moment around mile 2 where I didn’t know if I was going to make it.  I contemplated sitting on the curb and asking Todd to run home and just come pick me up in the car but I told myself that I could do it.  I had a tumor.  I had major surgery.  Every week I allow my body to be infested with chemo that kills all my blood cells and platelets.  I can handle a wimpy 3.1 miles.  I can handle anything.  That and only that is what kept me going because my legs felt like jello.  If anyone feels like they can handle 3.1 miles feel free to sign up for the Rumpshaker 5K in Birmingham on March 26th and join team “Shea’s So Full of It”.  We’ve got this!  http://www.rumpshaker5k.com/registration.html
I guess it’s time to signoff for the day.  If I could have anything to eat I would like a milkshake.  I’ll have to wait until Thursday or Friday to enjoy one of those.  My song of the day is “Somewhere in the Middle” by Casting Crowns.  I’ve had this stuck in my head all day.  I love this song and the message.  It makes me wonder where I am?  If I’m being honest, I probably am somewhere in the middle.  It’s easy to get stuck there but it’s important to remember you don’t have to stay there.
Night y’all!
So, if you haven’t picked up on it, something was wrong with my bathing suit that I was looking forward to so much.  I mentioned that I ordered a retro bathing suit though I’m not sure if I mentioned that it has a ruffled skirt.  Hold on!  Don’t go there!  I am not talking about a bathing suit that looks like I’m wearing a mini dress – remember, no old lady suits for me.  It is cute and flirty.  It is really a detail on the bathing suit and not a major component but its absence is troubling.  True, I did not pay $178 like I seriously thought about doing but I paid more for this bathing suit than I’ve ever paid before in the past.  (I generally buy bathing suits on clearance at Target.  I actually bought a bathing suit at Wal-Mart last year.  I call it my “redneck bathing suit” because it’s snake print – LOL!)  Since I paid all this money I should at least get what I paid for, right?  Right!  And, I want my ruffle skirt, darn it!  I told Todd that I emailed Jessica Simpson since my order was messed up and he looked at me like I was crazy.  I simply replied that I thought she would want to know if one of her customers received an inferior product.  Apparently the joke was completely wasted on him.  Hopefully y’all got a little chuckle.  I really emailed customer service.  I didn’t hear anything back and being the person who is called to hold others accountable – I have a high standard of customer service – I felt the need to call.  (If I’m supposed to give good customer service to those I talk with then other people should too – um,UM… former oncologist’s office staff.)  The girl I spoke with was very nice and said that she would have to speak to their swim distributor.  Fine.  I just want the right suit one way or the other.  I am being positive and hoping that she will email me back quickly with their response.  Stay tuned….

No comments:

Post a Comment