Friday, March 4, 2011

Semblance of Sanity

3/4/11 – Pancakes! Pancakes! Pancakes!  I heart pancakes!  Todd made me pancakes last night and they were DE-licious!
Have you ever completely lost all track on what day it is?  What month it is?  Where you are?  Well, I have.  It is sad.  I have to seriously sit around and think “what day is today?”  “It’s March?”  “I’m pretty sure it’s still February?”  All of this self conversation then makes me question where I am.  That’s the most important question to get right.  All the other questions are understandable if your answer is a little off but if you don’t know physically where you are there is a problem.  So I ask myself “Where am I?”  Generally I’m at home when I lose all track of time so the answer to my sanity question is usually easy “I’m at home, dummy, get a hold of it!” 
I seriously think chemo makes you lose your mind.  There are times that I stare at my right hand and think “why aren’t you working the way you’re supposed to?”  It’s very odd.  There are times when I am doing things and my hand will not move correctly.  I know my mind is telling my fingers to text or type the way they always do but there seem to be a breakdown somewhere between my mind and fingers.  I chalk all this up to the chemo.  I do have some tingling in my hands and my right hand is generally more affected than the left.  It’s just odd.   I’m looking at my right hand now wondering if my hand and mind are plotting against my sanity? 
Todd is always very aware of what the thermostat is set at so when he came home today let’s just say he wasn’t happy.  I wasn’t in trouble but I did hear him say “73?! Why is the thermostat set on 73?”  Y’all may be thinking that 73 isn’t all that bad but Todd and I generally leave our thermostat low in the winter and high in the summer.  When Todd left the house this morning it was set on 69.  Mrs. Janet and I got cold so I bumped it up to 70.  Then we got cold again later in the day so we bumped it up again to 71.  Then I got cold AGAIN and bumped it up to 73.  Nice, snuggly 73.  I am cold sensitive ya know.  So my answer to Todd’s question was simply “I was cold.”  He promptly turned the thermostat back down and built me a fire.  Nice compromise.  I love a fire and it smells wonderful.
Yesterday and today haven’t been the best days for me but I’ve been pushing through.  It’s been the same old same old for me, nausea and fatigue.  It’s really hard to drag yourself out of bed when you feel so plukey.  I managed to get a little done today but I’m about to take another pill to try to curb the feeling.
Mr. Berle is coming over tonight so we will have another Bamberg weekend.  He’s going to help Todd work in the garage and get things organized so hopefully my car will fit in the garage.  Mrs. Janet’s shizzu had puppies so the puppies are coming over to our house for the weekend.  Mrs. Janet’s trying to get rid of the shizzu’s so they are listed on Craig’s list over here in hopes that someone might want one.  They are so cute and fluffy.  They look like little cotton balls!  I’m looking forward to playing with the puppies.
Tonight should be another good night of food and family.  If I could have anything to eat I would like a smoothie again.  My song of the day is “Rich Girl” by Gwen Stefani for the sheer reason that it’s just a fun song and today is Friday so we all need a little fun!
Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment