Sunday, March 20, 2011

Shhh...Aay!

Picture from D.C. courtesy of Erin - enjoy!

3/20/11 – Can y’all believe that I danced last night?  Important things you should know about Shea Bamberg:
1.       I don’t dance – I suffer for utter white girl syndrome.  Side effects are lack of rhythm seen mostly through the inability to sing and clap at the same time.
2.       I heart gummy bears.  All gummy bears (except ones that may get cold through being in direct contact with ice cream).
3.       My name is Shea, pronounced like “Shhh…” (be quiet please) plus “Aay!” (thumbs up, elbows back, total Fonzie move).  Shhhh..plus Aay! equals Shea. 
I find that I am very sensitive to getting people’s names right and pronouncing them correctly.  Sometimes my Southern accent does get in the way, but I try.  My name is Irish and most people in the state of New York know how to properly pronounce my name – duh… Shea Stadium.  I am amazed at what some people honestly think my mom named me.  I get called “She-uh…” a lot.  Whenever someone, who I obviously don’t know, calls me “She-uh…” I:
1.       Am highly inclined to not like them
2.       Generally respond “Seriously?  You seriously think my mom named me She-uh..?”
It’s amazing people’s reaction when you say that.  I just don’t understand why someone would think of that before “Shhh…Aay”.  It’s a little restrained and a little party all in one.
Today was a great day.  I didn’t sleep all that well last night but I drug myself out of bed and made it to church.  I think I had problems sleeping because I’ve been taking the Ativan for nausea and it is also a sleep aide.  Maybe my body has become a little dependent?  It could also have something to do with the fact that I was freezing cold.  Anyway, I got up and going.  I was on my own at church today but I had a good time.  I like to find someone to sit with so I don’t feel so alone.  I sat with Tara’s parents and Susan and had a great time.  After church I headed to Kroger to pick up some things for dinner (I parked horribly.  I was embarrassed it was so bad.) and get some Claratin.  I noticed that was the one thing that I did not have in my bag of tricks.  We can now add allergies to my list of emergency medication treatments.
After my grocery shopping I returned home and spent a little time reading before Vanessa and Julio came over.  Julio worked on the sheetrock in Todd’s man room while Vanessa and I hung out.  I’ve really enjoyed catching up with friends the past few weeks.
I read a little more, finished my book, and then it was time for the girls to come over.  Tara and Kristina were good sports.  I subjected them to watching American Idol with me and discussing who we liked and who really stunk.  I like American Idol because I don’t really have to pay attention.  You can have a conversation during the show and not really miss a whole lot.  I also like to critique what the contestants wear and how they sound.  I’m generally unimpressed.  Like I could do a whole lot better – ha!
Tomorrow I am going to do my 3.1 miles again.  The Rumpshaker 5K is this weekend.  Todd gave me a Target gift card when I wasn’t feeling fabulous to get a running outfit for the race.  After my unintentional tanning fiasco yesterday I am buying something that is sleeveless so I won’t look so weird.  Seriously my arms look like I have a t-shirt on.  50 sunblock!  50!
If I could have anything to eat I would like a smoothie.  I know, I sound like a broken record but I really want something cold.  Today at the grocery store I picked up a gallon of milk and my hand started to tingle.  Definitely not ready for cold stuff yet.  My song of the day is “Tik Tok” by Ke$ha.  I heard this at the wedding last night and haven’t been able to get it out of my head yet.  Sorry for sharing the insanity.  I can’t stop singing “Wake up in the morning feelin’ like P Diddy!” and “pedicure on my toes, toes…” LOL!
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment