Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday Special Feature

My relaxing Saturday outfit

3/5/11 – Happy Saturday!  Today has been a pretty good day.  I haven’t done too much other than just hang around. 
I started the day with Percy barking at 7:30.  He is a ball of fire once he wakes up.  Go! Go! Go! You’d think he was going to miss something or be left out of something fun.  So, I woke up to Percy running across my head – back and forth, back and forth.  Todd then decided 8:00 on Saturday is a great time to shoot things on PlayStation.  Percy running back and forth and gun fire – Buster and I can’t catch a break. 
Once I finally get up its time for breakfast.  I promised to make breakfast so I get to work.  As Todd was shooting things I managed to request assistance with breakfast – cooking bacon is not my thing.  I hate how the grease pops.  I got the bacon going and then Todd peeled himself away from him game in time to take over.  Once all the bacon was done it was time for toad in a hole (aka toad in the road or bird in a nest) – basically a piece of toast with a hole in it that you fry an egg in.  Brad and Yen always talk about making this for brinner (breakfast for dinner) so I’ve adopted it as one of my new favorites.  The key is the butter.  Healthy, I know. 
After breakfast Todd and Mr. Berle started working in the man cave.  Todd had a few electrical things to do and then had some plywood that needed to be laid in the pass through area.  While the guys were working hard what were me and Mrs. Janet doing?  Serious things.  Hard work.  We were monitoring the quality of television on Lifetime.  It’s a hard job but someone has to do it.  That’s basically what I’ve done all day.  I fixed a little lunch and then the guys headed off to Home Depot and Mrs. Janet and I settled in for another movie.  It’s been nice to relax and try to get back to normal. 
Percy got a little bit of a haircut and Buster and Stella have been avoiding the shizzu puppies running around the house.  I was beginning to wonder if Stella had escaped out the front door because I hadn’t seen her since last night. 
I’m now watching The Pacifier with Vin Diesel.  There is something about movies with Vin Diesel and The Rock that I just like.  Is that odd?  I mean they aren’t really quality actors but there is something that just draws me in. Maybe it’s the muscles?  I definitely like The Fast Furious better than The Pacifier and of the movies that The Rock has done Walking Tall is probably my favorite.  Quality television.  Hmmm… that makes me wonder about my favorite movie of all time.  If I only had one movie to watch for the rest of my life what would I choose?  Well, I’ve watched Legally Blonde about 75 times and can quote almost all the lines.  Dirty Dancing is also great.  You can’t beat “nobody puts Baby in a corner!”  Then there are more dramatic movies like The Fugitive or The Hunt for Red October.  I also can’t forget Top Gun – “I have a need, a need for speed”.  Inception was also a pretty cool movie though it is newer.  I need to watch that one at least one more time.  I do have a thing for vampire movies.  I’ve watched all the Blade series and Underworld, VanHelsing, and all the Twilight movies.  Think, think, think….I’m not sure which I would choose.  Got it!  I would choose Step Brothers.  It is hilarious and has some great one liners and if I were stuck somewhere where I would only be allowed to watch one movie I would want something funny – “Why do you have Randy Jackson’s autograph on a samurai sword?” 
Todd bought me some red Adirondack chairs for the side yard while he was at Home Depot.  I am ready for the rain to stop and the weather to clear up to start reclaiming our yard.  I need to plant some flowers, put out pine straw or mulch and start my garden.  Tonight we are going to eat at Marlow’s Tavern.  My song of the day is “Dog Days” by Florence and the Machine.  The dog days are done.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment