Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stop light contemplation

3/23 – Happy Wednesday!  If the weather stays the same it’s going to be a beautiful weekend. 
The other day on my way to Kroger I was behind a car that had removed all the make and model detail and used the letters to spell “SIR WILLIAM” on the back of the car.  The letters were not straight which really bothered me.  All of this got me to thinking – Why does this person think they deserve to be called “Sir William”?  What would they do if they met a real Sir William?  Would they say “Oh, I’m Sir William too!”  Yes, these are all things that really ran through my mind while waiting for the light to change.
I was amazed that someone would actually call themselves that and put it on a car.  I think the car part is what gets me.  Did you know that “sir” was originally used to address knights or barons?  It can also be used in correspondence – such as:  Dear Sir…  What if Sir William is actually this dude’s name?  Let’s imagine that for a second.  Why put it on your car?  Hunh?  So everyone will know that you have a very interesting name or consider yourself to be of equal importance to a knight or a baron? 
All in all, I just found it odd.  And the fact that Sir William shops at Kroger in Suwannee was a little interesting to me too.  I would have thought a Sir William would have had a better car. 
What would you think if I spelled diva on the back of my car?  Would you find that entertaining?  I submit that people who really are divas, or Sir Williams for that matter, do not need to advertise what they are.  People just know.
I took Percy and Buster to the vet this morning.  I’m sure I looked ridiculous bringing a Boxer and a Yorkie in at the same time.  There is a bit of a hight difference and also overall perception of my two dogs.  For some reason people who don’t know Boxers think they are mean just by looking at him.  Buster is very muscular – I hazard to say he has 0 body fat.  He jumps and pounces around.  People think that Percy is sweet and often mistake him for a girl – “oh, she’s so cute”.  The real truth is that Buster couldn’t bite a person if he tried because of his crazy under bite.  He’s very gentle and follows directions relatively well.  Percy is my lean mean canine machine.  I refer to him as Hurricane Percy.  You never know when he is gonna strike and half the time you don’t see him coming because he’s so small.  He leaves a path of fear and destruction in his wake – mostly dog toys and random socks. No, he doesn’t attack people, but he is a heck of a guard dog. 
Whenever something (anything) makes the slightest noise at night Percy is on it! He runs and barks and growls.  True, if someone where breaking into my house they would take one look at Percy and laugh, but I figure Percy’s performance would be enough to wake up Buster and finally draw him out of his bed to bark and growl at the perp.  True Buster is harmless, but he sounds very scary when he does his mean growl - best to not underestimate a mean growl.  Together they are a hilarious looking pair but they are the dynamic duo.  Plus you throw in Ninja Stella to the mix and I have a force to be reckoned with!  She’s scarier than either or the dogs.
Colon cancer fact of the day.  www.cancer.org

What are the key statistics about colorectal cancer?

Excluding skin cancers, colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer diagnosed in both men and women in the United States. The American Cancer Society's most recent estimates for the number of colorectal cancer cases in the United States are for 2011:
·        101,700 new cases of colon cancer
·        39,510 new cases of rectal cancer
On to happier topics.  If I could have anything to eat today I would like a pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, feta, and garlic plus an order of garlic knots and marinara on the side.  My song of the day is “Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong” by the Spin Doctors.  Haha!
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment