Monday, March 14, 2011

Fabulosity

Rockin' it out with my diva hat!

3/14 – Hello all!  I had a great day.
This morning I woke up and started working as usual.  I received a text from Yen asking if I wouldn’t mind letting their dogs out since they had been at the hospital all night waiting on their niece to be born.  Sure thing!  Yen sent me the garage code and I was set.  It is sad to say that I had to change clothes to walk down the road a few houses but there was no way I was going out in public (or the neighborhood) with my pjs and robe on and my hair sticking out all around.  I put on some sweats and headed down the road.  I got to their house and punched in the garage code.  Easy cheesy.  I opened the door to the house and the alarm went off.  Um…. There shouldn’t be an alarm.  I don’t know the code!  I punch in the garage code hoping they might be the same.  Negative.  The alarm starts counting down from 30.  30 – 20 I’m basically freaking out.  My mind was screaming “Think. Think.  What do I do?!  What do I do?!”  20 – 10 I decide to call Yen.  10, 9, 8 I’m calling Yen.  7, 6 I explain what happened and she tells me the code. 5, 4, 3, 2 I punch in the code.  Disaster averted!  Let’s just say, I made it in the nick of time.
After that kind of morning I couldn’t help but be on my toes.  I had a really good work day aside from the fact that I forgot I had a conference call at 1:00.  Luckily my manager called a few minutes before to go over a few points and reminded me of the call.  That could have been awkward. “What?  I have a conference call?  Oh, yeah…. (yikes)”  I went in to work for 2 hours today because one of my co-workers needed some paperwork and was going to have to drive to my house.  I thought I would make it easier and bring it in and then finish my work day from work.  It was much easier only working in the office 2 hours than the whole day.  Not as tiring.
I have really enjoyed my last “up” day.  I always like to make my Monday before chemo as awesome as I can because that is what I hold on to throughout the remainder of the week.  My one awesome day.  I feel great.  I slept to the very last minute to enjoy feeling good when I woke up.  I ate a large breakfast.  I dressed cute for work and really enjoyed my time with all the people.  I had a Chick-fil-A milkshake on my way in to work this afternoon and had pizza for dinner.  All things that make me feel happy and that I enjoy.  Like I said, a little happy to hang on to though the rest of the week. 
My guilty pleasures:
-          My favorite foods (pizza and milkshakes)
-          Pedicures
-          My love of Stephen Tyler and watching American Idol
-          Getting my hair colored!
-          Dancing to the radio in my car – I’m a great car dancer!
-          Sparkly eye shadow
-          Toddlers & Tiaras
I am about as ready as I’m going to get for tomorrow.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my day.  I have my outfit picked out for tomorrow and my bag of things to do and goodies ready.  My ride is picking me up at 8:45.  I just hope I’m able to get chemo and have one more treatment behind me.  If I could have anything to eat (though I think I’ve already eaten all my guilty pleasures) I would like a watermelon.  My song of the day is Ke$ha’s “We R Who We R”.  I love the part where she says “getting’ sick and sexified!”  I so dance to this song in my car and sing it at the top of my lungs!
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment