Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wedding Wonderland

2/27/11 – Hey hey!  Another fun day. 
We started the day off with one of my favorite things – breakfast pizza made by Ashley.  She is the world’s best breakfast pizza maker.  Since I’m a professional eater I consider myself an authority on this subject.
After eating breakfast we all packed up and headed to Tuscaloosa.  Wedding shopping!  The guys went to Men’s Warehouse and we headed to David’s Bridal.  The two stores were side by side.  We walked in at the same time and started talking to the bridal consultant about dresses and pointed out a few that might work.  Before we had even tried on one dress the guys came into David’s Bridal and said they were done and that they had lost Mr. Berle.  Two points of interest (1) They were DONE.  That fast.  We hadn’t even really started. (2) They had lost Mr. Berle.  How did that happen?  They had only been over there 15 minutes!
Ashley tried on a ton of dresses.  Some we liked more than others.  She definitely found some contenders but nothing definite yet.  I would help her get hooked into each dress and then she would come out and model the dress for me and Mrs. Janet.  I thought she looked good in each dress but Mrs. Janet had perfected the “eeh… (shoulder shrug)” look.  She would scrunch her nose and shake her head “no” slowly.  She didn’t say a word!  It was hilarious.  You could tell she didn’t want to say “I don’t like it” but the face was just as good.  Maybe you had to be there?  But, just imagine when you are trying on your clothes at home trying to decide if you like what you’ve picked out for the day.  You are considering the outfit in the mirror thinking “something’s just not right”.  You know that face you make?  Do you scrunch your nose and shake your head a little bit?  I know I DO!  That was the face.  It wasn’t mean, just funny.  She didn’t make the face on the ones that we really liked.
After Ashley tried on dresses, I was next.  The store had gotten really busy by that time.  I tried on 3 dresses.  They were all pretty in their own way.  Why is it that formal dresses, especially at bridal salons, are so expensive?  I really don’t understand.  I tried on a top and a skirt with a cool flower belt – I KNOW!  Flower belt, totally me! – and it was $145 for all the pieces!  Craziness.  Some of you may be thinking that I am a walking contradiction since I seriously considered buying a $178 bathing suit but you would be wrong.  The bathing suit would have been worn multiple times throughout the season and you will also have to remember that I was offended by the price and found something cheaper.  I just think for a simple skirt and top things should be more affordable.  I’m not gonna lie, it was adorable!  We are trying to figure out what works best for all the other girls before making a final decision.  Obviously our appointment took longer than the guys’.
Finally we finished trying on dresses and headed to my favorite place – Five Guys!  Little cheeseburger please!  We met the guys and all ate together.  After Five Guys we headed to Yogurt Mountain and had some dessert and then back to the house.  When we got to the house we let the dogs out to run around a little while.  Percy noticed the cows next door and started barking and running towards them – great….  I scooped him up and put him on the deck.  Ashley and I were talking and enjoying the nice weather.  Since Percy is so small he just kind of runs around the deck but doesn’t really go down the steps.  He kept putting his body through the slats looking at the cows.  He would go from slat to slat and look and sniff.  Ashley turned to me and said “He’s going to fall”.  I told her I didn’t think he would do that because he fell off the arm of our couch once and had learned his lesson.  As soon as I said that I looked over at Percy who had just gone to stick is body through another slat.  He sniffed, looked, and then backed up a little and JUMPED!  He jumped off the deck!  Sure it wasn’t that far of a jump but he’s only 3 lbs.  He has little legs.  He just launched off the deck.  Not only did he launch off the deck but he started running toward the cows!  Ashley and I both scream “Percy!”  Ashley reached him first and scooped him up before he committed suicide by cow.
Now I am on the road headed back to Georgia with Todd and Mrs. Janet.  Mrs. Janet is taking me to chemo this week and being my live in cook to cater to my every whim – at least that’s what I tell myself.  Since we are on the road I am now on the lookout for a Coke Icee again.  Last time I got a Mountain Dew Icee to be different.  It was good but I prefer the Coke ones.  I had to try it though to know how I felt about it.  My song of the day is “No Particular Place to Go” by Chuck Berry.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment