Friday, February 18, 2011

My Milkshake!



"my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"

2/18/11 – It’s been a great week!  Why is it that “up” weeks go by so quickly?  I haven’t been able to keep up with my blog like I had wanted this week because I had multiple things planned after work each day.  I’ve painted, spent time with friends, and gone to Bible study.  It’s been a great week.
Today I actually went in to work.  As I was driving in to work I got stuck behind a lot of slow people.  Who are these people who aren’t working at 10:00 during the day?  Why do they drive so slowly?  More importantly, why are they in front of me?!  I just don’t understand. 
Anyway. On my way in to work I was listening to the radio.  The radio DJ came on and was reading the weather report.  I hear him say “It’s a gorgeous day.  Partly clouds and sun.  Beautiful day!”  Sounds pretty good, right?  What do you normally do when some reads a weather report?  Observe the weather around you, right?  Right!  I check out the day as he’s telling me that it’s a “beautiful day”.  It was not a beautiful day.  It was overcast.  Zero sun.  Granted, it was warm outside for a February day.  It felt good but it was not a “gorgeous day”.  Suggestion – radio DJ’s should LOOK OUT THE WINDOW before telling people who could be potentially stuck in traffic that it’s a “beautiful day” when it obviously is not.  Just not smart.  I now question your ability to tell me anything – traffic, good song choices, anything. 
Once I survived driving behind slow people and listening to an ill advised radio DJ, I made it in to work.  I parked in the team member parking area and headed into the building.  For a second I wondered if my entrance card would still work because I hadn’t used it in a long time.  It’s hard to believe that I haven’t worked in the office since the first part of December.  December!  That’s crazy!  I made my rounds through the building before heading to my desk.  It was so nice to see everyone.  That’s what I’ve really missed working from home.  I email people and might talk on the phone occasionally but it’s not the same as seeing everyone and getting to catch up.  I had some work that I needed to do in the office before I headed home. 
On my way home I stopped by Chick-fil-A and treated myself to a milkshake.  I’ve been wanting and typing about one for a while now.  It was DELICIOUS!!!  I got a small cookies and crème shake.  I only got a small because I did not know if I would be able to handle the cold or not.  I am happy to report that I did fine.  I could tell that I had a little bit of cold sensitivity left but not enough to make drinking the shake uncomfortable.  Keep up the good work Chick-fil-A.  That is an awesome milkshake.  I especially appreciate the whipped topping!
That was basically my day.  I went to Bible study tonight and enjoyed some pizza, a Bible study, and a little Catch Phrase.  The one thing I would love to eat is a hot fudge sundae like Shoney’s used to serve.  Are Shoney’s still around?  My song of the day should be no surprise.  It’s “Milkshake” by Kelis – hahaha!
Fun day tomorrow.  Maybe the sun will actually come out and then the weather report will be correct.  Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment