Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sparkly nails make me happy!

2/12/11 – Saturday, Saturday, today has been a pretty good Saturday (in case you didn’t know it that was a Shea original song that I just made up). 
I tried to think of some fun things to do to enjoy my weekend.  I painted my nails a purple sparkle color again.  What is it about a middle schooler’s finger nail color palate that is just so appealing?  I may have purple sparkly nails going forward.  I think the sparkle part is my favorite thing.
I slept late as usual.  I blame the nausea.  I woke up, sat around for a few minutes while Todd worked in the man cave, and ate a pudding cup.  Chocolate – yum!  Todd and I got ready and headed to the church to hand out shirt orders.  Shirts were created to support cancer awareness through my neighbor/fellow cancer fighter/close friend’s battle with cancer.  It was cool to meet some of the people who got shirts and hear their stories about my friend.
After handing out shirts we headed to Pepperoni’s and then to Sara and AnDrew’s to celebrate Tara’s birthday some.  I did not get pizza.  Just not feeling it this week.  Next week will be my pizza week.  We hung out and I held Kyleigh almost the whole time.  She’s just so cute!
One bit of cancer/chemo randomness.  This morning was a little chilly and I was heading out of the house quickly so I did not grab a coat like I should have.  As soon as my fingers felt the cold they started to tingle.  It was so weird.  Just like pins and needles running through my finger tips.  It doesn’t hurt, just very odd.  It took a while to warm my hands up enough to stop it.
That has basically been my day.  I haven’t done too much because I’ve tried to take it easy and relax a lot.  After my “busy” day I really just wanted to relax at home.   Todd and I had a healthy dinner of nachos and cookies and watched some quality television – Step Brothers.  At 9:30 I seriously contemplated just going ahead and going to bed.  9:30! I decided that I should write my blog and enjoy a little more of my weekend. 
If I could have anything to eat I would like a glass of water and a Rita’s Italian ice.  I once got the key lime Italian ice with the vanilla custard and it tasted just like a key lime pie – a.k.a. my favorite dessert.  It was delicious.  My song of the day is Counting Crows “Long December”.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment