Friday, February 11, 2011

Too much?

2/11/11 – Is there a limit on how many Icebreakers mints one should consume in a set limit of time?  If so, I’m pretty sure that I have overdosed on mints.  I ate so many it made my stomach start to feel weird.  Darn their minty goodness!  I’m staring at the container now wondering just how much one more mint could really hurt – I mean, really?
Right now I’m listening to Carrie Underwood’s “Before He Cheats” and feeling quite destructive.  Something about that song that makes me want to hit something and shout “girl power!”  Does anyone else feel the same?  Guys, it’s perfectly understandable if you feel that way too the dude in the song is a jerk.  
So, in an effort to take my blog to the next level and continue to have interesting topics to talk about I have decided to start watching Pretty Little Liars on ABC Family.  I recorded the show just because there is nothing quality on TV anymore – LOL!  I am now hooked!  It is so scandalous.  I feel like a 7th grader watching Dawson’s Creek again.  I remember when Erin and I started watching Dawson’s Creek mom had to watch it with us once to make sure it was “ok”.  It was deemed ok but that is because all the bad stuff didn’t happen until later in the series and it had already passed the mom test – thanks mom!  So, now I am 28 years old watching Pretty Little Liars waiting for my mom to walk through the door and say “what are you watching?!” “Geeze, mom! Honestly, it’s not that bad.”
In case any of you were wondering how I’m feeling today, I’m doing ok.  This morning was rough.  Mornings are not my friend.  Friday’s of chemo week are also not my friend.  I think it’s because by Thursday around 11:45 I have all the chemo I can possibly have in my body so I have 2 days of ickiness.  Around 11:30 today I got over the grossness and forced myself to work some.  I’ve been going strong the rest of the day.  I try to keep going so that it keeps my mind off how I feel.  I feel ok now.  Well, that was until Todd recommended Mexican for dinner – not cool Todd, not cool at all.  Don’t worry about me though, I’m making it.  2 treatments down, 10 to go!  Bring it!
So, now it is after 5:00 on a Friday and what do I plan to do this weekend?  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  No prom to go to.  No shopping to do.  No traveling.  No football game to watch.  Boring, boring, boredom.  I have got to find something to do.  Unfortunately there aren’t too many options for a nauseous, cold-sensitive, tired girl – who’da thunk it? 
I have also completely lost Todd for the weekend because his speakers just came in from UPS.  He will probably spend the night hooking everything up to make sure that they work properly just so they can be transported upstairs once his man cave is completed.  He got 2 Monitor 70 series floorstanding speakers and a CS2 Series II center channel from PolkAudio – does anyone know what that jargon means?  It is completely lost on me.  The UPS guy said that it was going to make the floor shake – great…. Floor shaking.  I don’t know how I feel about this.  Aren’t floor shaking speakers at least worth a pair of shoes on my end?  I say yes, maybe I do have something to do this weekend?
I have zero idea what I would like to eat.  I just know I am not going to take Todd’s suggestion and have Mexican.  It just doesn’t sound appetizing to me now.  Right now I would like some Saltine crackers and a coke Icee, sad.  My song of the day is One Republic “Secrets”.
Well, I’m off to make myself an interesting Friday night.  Hope y’all have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment