Monday, February 28, 2011

Shower in a thunderstorm

2/28/11 – Well, today is my last “up” day of the week.  I’ve enjoyed having the last two weeks to feel well and do whatever I wanted.  I am a little nervous about tomorrow just because I’ve felt so well for so long.  Don’t really want to feel puny.  Maybe I won’t?  Happy thoughts.
Today was Monday of close week.  I have work, work, worked all day long.  Todd had the insulation guys come this morning and Mrs. Janet and I went to Kroger during my lunch break.  I was afraid that we would be there forever but it only took us a little over an hour to get everything and get home.  Who’d a thunk it?! 
Mrs. Janet has been quilting while I’ve been working.  We have been like a well oiled machine.  She does her thing, I do mine, and the two of us tag team the dogs.  At one point I was going to get something to drink and rolled back in the chair to go to the kitchen.  I heard this horrible squeek!  I had rolled over Percy’s foot.  I don’t think I got very much because I immediately stopped and he seemed more traumatized than actually hurt.  It still scared me.  Not a normal thing to roll back and almost run over a dog.  I’m still not used to having a dog this small.
Right now the weather outside looks like something from the Wizard of Oz, I fully intend to see the Wicked Witch of the East to go riding by on her bicycle or something.  (Percy would make a great Toto!)  I find it interesting that it has stormed the last 2 times I’ve had to drive to Lawrenceville to see my counselor.  It’s like the weather thinks I need something to stress about in order to have a good session.  I keep hearing things about 60 MPH winds.  I listen to it over and over because that just can’t be true.  60 MPH.  That sounds insane.  It doesn’t seem to change so I must have heard it correctly.  Hopefully I will be past my area by the time I have to get on the road.  Last time I drove to Lawrenceville I had to discuss how I believed Sienfeld had it right in proposing an “I’m sorry, I’m stupid” hand signal while driving.  Fingers crossed!
I’m not the most car savvy.  Let’s face it I have zero clue when it comes to cars.  Last week I stopped at Kroger to get gas because there was actually a free slot – if you can believe it!  I pumped my gas and then went to crank my car and head home.  I turned the key and it made this half hearted attempt at cranking.  I had even moved the car into drive but it just cluncked out.  “Seriously?!  Please, don’t stop working while Todd is at work and I’m all alone.  I don’t understand cars.  I can’t do this!”  I call Todd.  I call Todd.  I call Todd.  I call Todd.  I call Todd. (If you’re counting I called Todd 5 times, no answer).  “Think, think….. women are on their own all the time. I can do this.  What would I do if Todd wasn’t around – or didn’t answer his phone, like then?”  “Ok!  I’ll call Tires Plus.  They always work on my car and can probably recommend a tow truck.”  I called and spoke with the guy, got the number for the tow truck, I was set.  Before calling the tow truck guy I thought I would try to crank my car one more time.  I noticed that my car was in drive from the first time I tried to crank it, so I set it back on park and tried again.  It started pretty as you please.  I’m not sure if something was actually wrong with my car or maybe, just maybe I never actually put it in drive when I parked to get gas….?  Wouldn’t the car have rolled?  I doubt I would do that but I still can’t figure out just what happened.  Regardless, I was proud of myself for thinking it out and trying to take care of a situation that is obviously not my forte.  A little later I got Todd on the phone and told him what all I had done and how I had taken care of the situation on my own even though it turned out to be nothing.  I was expecting a “good baby” or “I’m proud of you for doing it on your own”.  What did I get?  I got “try to avoid getting a tow truck because that costs $75.”  Seriously?! Seriously?!  He clearly didn’t understand.  Guys just don’t get it. 
Well, I showered in a thunderstorm getting ready to go to counseling.  That sounds like a song title – Shower in a Thunderstorm. 
            Shower in a Thunderstorm
I’m not afraid, just scared sometimes,
            The winds try to blow me down,
            The rain pours and beats at me,
            I can do this, I can make it,
            I’m not afraid,
I shower in a thunderstorm,
            Thunder may intimidate other people,
            But, the winds can’t to blow me down,
            The rain pours but can’t beat me to the ground,
            I’m not afraid, just scared sometimes
This storm can’t defeat me.
BAM!  Instant hit.  LOL!
If I could have anything to eat I would like a piece of coffee cake and a nice cup of coffee or hot chocolate.  My song of the day is “Washed by the Water” by Need to Breathe.  Great song for today.
Say a little prayer that my white blood count will be up in the 1,000 range so I can get chemo tomorrow.  I go for chemo at 9:15.  I’m not looking forward to feeling icky after having two great weeks but I shower in a thunderstorm and this storm can’t defeat me.  Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment