Monday, February 21, 2011

"Life is good today"

2/21/11 – Hello all!  Today is my last day of my “up” week.  It was another good day.
I’m trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I feel so awesome right now and tomorrow will start chemo week when I don’t feel so awesome.   I want to feel “up” all the time. 
I’ve started to think about things that I might want to eat during my chemo week.  Food seems to be the focus of my weeks.  What sounds good seems to change.  I made some chicken noodle soup and Todd is picking up pancake mix.  Pancakes just sound like a good option if you’re not feeling good.  Syrup fixes a lot of things.
I’m watching House Hunters International again.  Who are these people who can buy multiple homes.  Why am I not one of them?  The one that is on now is for a couple who wants a vacation home in the Turks and Caicos.  I LOVE the Turks and Caicos!  I would like to have a vacation home there – heck, I would move there if I could.  These houses that they are looking at are not small houses either.  I would love to have a terrace that overlooked the ocean so I could sit outside each morning sip my coffee and just enjoy the view.  I would spend every day with my toes in the sand relaxing and reading a good book.  Yes, please!
I go to chemo at 9:15 tomorrow.  Tara is my driver of the day.  I’m hoping for a much better experience than last time.  I think me feeling sick was a fluke and not the norm.  I really don’t have enough experience to know what the norm really is, but I’m hoping that puniness on the day of chemo is not the norm.
Todd and booked our flight for D.C. last night!  Yay!  I’m so excited.  We want to have little treats all along the way to give us something to look forward to.  My first treat is going to Bambergland the first weekend in March to go wedding shopping with my sister-in-law.  My second treat is D.C. to visit my sister and brother-in-law.  I don’t have anything planned to May but I’m sure I will think of something.  I don’t need anything big and I don’t have to go out of town just something different and fun to look forward to.
If I could have anything to eat I would like a nice dinner a Nava.  I haven’t been there in a while and I would like a nice quiet dinner with a good atmosphere.  My song of the day is “Toes” by Zack Brown Band in honor of House Hunters International.  I love this song!  “Life is good today.”
Night y’all!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for your DC Trip! I think your May trip should be to the lake for Memorial Day weekend! You can definitely get some toes in the water action there!

    ReplyDelete