Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chicken nuggets, baked beans, and twizzlers - Oh, my!

2/9/11 – Hello all!  I feel like I need to start my blog with my song of the day instead of ending with it.  My song of the day is “Eye of the Tiger”.  I need some theme music to carry me through the day.  I recommend listening to the song as you read my blog.
Today was much better than yesterday.  My fever hasn’t come back.  All I have is the same old, same old, nausea and fatigue.  I slept late and took it easy most of the day.  I did manage to do a little work but I passed out (not literally Tara) on the couch around 4:00 and didn’t wake up until around 8:00.
Since I’ve been watching a little more TV lately I have one random commercial observation.  Have any of you noticed how unreal the Kay commercials are?  There’s one where this couple is standing by a window and it a little stormy outside.  The guy gives the girl some jewelry (personally I don’t think the jewelry is all that pretty).  She, of course, loves the jewelry and then they hug as she says “Don’t let go.  Ever.”  Lame.  Oh, so lame.
While I’m on a roll of making fun of people I have to tell you about the girl at the drive through window at Chick-fil-A yesterday.  So, after they gave me some anti-nausea medicine at chemo I felt like eating.  Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets please!  Mom and I roll through the drive through.  The voice we heard on the other side was the furthest you would ever expect to hear at Chick-fil-A.  It sounded like a fake horrible radio voice.  Very nasally.  She left us with “plEEase pull to the next windOOoo…”  As soon as mom and I pulled away we burst out laughing.  Mom was holding her nose imitating her voice and I kept saying “WindOOoo…”  “WindOOoo…”  Hahaha!  It’s good to laugh.
I’ve been watching American Idol this season.  I broke up with the show a while back but it was still set up on my DVR.  When it first came on I had nothing better to do so I figured what the heck, might as well.  I am now totally addicted again.  I thought that the new judges would be lame but I have always liked Randy.  Stephen Tyler and Jennifer Lopez really add a lot to the show.  I’m glad there are no longer anymore mean judges and sweet judges.  They are all just normal judges.  I have also learned that I’m in love with Stephen Tyler.  I never knew this about me, but he intrigues me and makes me laugh.  I also love Jennifer because she’s a diva – diva’s need role models too.  Diamond studded microphone please.
Tomorrow I get my pump removed and port de-accessed.  I am ready.  Thursday/Friday were the harder days for me last chemo session so I’m a little nervous but I already feel better today than I did yesterday so maybe this session will go backwards from the last one.  I hope so. 
For dinner I had baked beans and twizzlers – weird, I know.  I basically eat whatever I feel like I can handle.  Since I slept until 8:00 I wasn’t very hungry just smunchy (**new word alert: smunchy is a word that I created for snacky and munchy = smunchy).  I really want a smoothie.  I always want what I can’t have.  Y’all have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment