Monday, February 7, 2011

Please move

My prom look

2/7/11 – Hello all!  I’ve had a good Monday.
So, I promised to tell all of you about prom.  For prom I wore my new-to-me black dress that I bought at the consignment store Friday night.  I ran to Charming Charlie Saturday to find the perfect jewelry.  I thought I was going to get into a fight into the parking lot at the mall.  I don't know what was going on but apparently, unknown to me, February 5th must be a national holiday - there were an insane amount of people at the Mall of Georgia.  So, I was driving through the parking lot trying to keep my cool.  I'm driving down an isle and all of a sudden an SUV rounds the corner like they just spotted the only spot out of 50,000 (though there wasn't a spot) and heads towards me.  As the SUV is passing me she stops.  (1) You're driving too fast for a parking lot. (2) You obviously don't understand HOW to drive. (3) You're blocking my car from going any further because your tank of a car is blocking my way.  Generally I don't engage in conversation with other drivers because that is just a slippery slope but I saw no other option as this moron was not moving for some unkown reason.  I roll my window down and say "Will you please move some.  I can't get past you."  She says "sure" and pulls forward.  Victory!  That's what I THOUGHT!  Take that!  Fight averted.  After that I found the perfect necklace combination which completed my ensemble for prom.  I now had my dress, shoes, jewelry, and the coolest headband with peacock feathers on it.  I wish I was allowed to dress like that on a daily basis.  I love to dress up.
Prom was Saturday night.  We met some friends and went out to dinner.  We had a lovely dinner.  I am always a fan of any place that serves shrimp and grits.  The shrimp and grits were not the best I’ve ever had but it was really good (the best I’ve ever had were at Creolina’s in Davie, FL http://www.dixietakeout.com/).  After dinner we headed to the prom.  Prom was at a local high school.  We got our professional picture taken and then started making the rounds.  I’m not a big dancer.  I danced some slow songs with Todd and then Sherry drug me out on the dance floor for one fast song – it was fun.  I mostly made the rounds and had a great time catching up with people and just enjoying the night.  I had a lot of fun. 
Once we got home from the prom I wasn’t sleepy.  I thought we were supposed to go cosmic bowling just like my high school prom!  Todd wasn’t down for bowling, something about being sleepy.  I talked Todd into watching TV.  I watched one show and still wasn’t sleepy.  I started another show.  Halfway through the show I looked over and Todd and Todd’s head was nodding forward.  He was OUT!  What a lightweight!
I’ve quickly learned that it’s a small, small world.  I got a real kick out of this today.  You’ll have to pay close attention to get the whole tie in.  This morning I got an email from my brother-in-law’s mom.  She has a friend who lives in Gainsville who is familiar with the cancer center that I go to.  She gave me her friend’s number so we could chat.  I called and she and I had a nice long conversation.  We found out that my oncologist is one of her neighbors!  Isn’t that crazy!  So, my brother-in-law’s mother’s friend is my oncologist’s neighbor.  Wow! 
My mom just got into town.  She is going with me to chemo tomorrow.  Guys, I’m a little worried about chemo.  I don’t know if it will be better because I know what to expect now or if it will be worse because I will have more in my body.  I’m trying to stay positive.  Right now Todd is telling my mom the story of the first night after I had chemo.  Remember the chemo makes me cold sensitive.  So, the first night after chemo Todd had the thermostat on 74, a fire going in the fireplace, and my electric heater was pointed at me too!  Yep, I was really that cold.  Todd enjoys telling that story.  It is kinda funny when you think about it.
Mom brought some of Granny’s strawberry cake and my Uncle Bubba sent some pudding for when I want something sweet (like ice cream) but can’t handle the cold.  That’s a pretty smart idea.  So, right now I am about to have a slice of cake and some coffee.  I couldn’t ask for anything more.  My song of the day for Todd.  He brought me home some beautiful flowers and has been an awesome husband through all of this – Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat’s “Lucky”.
I’m off to enjoy my cake and coffee.  I’ll let all of you know how I do tomorrow.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment