Sunday, February 27, 2011

Relaxing Saturday

2/26/11 – Hello all!  Happy weekend.
This morning I took my time waking up.  It was nice to sleep in.  I haven’t slept in too much lately since I’ve had 2 “up” weeks in a row now.  Buster and Percy always wake me up right on time and I also have to get to work.  My commute to the dining room table is much better than the usual 40 minutes down 85. 
I woke up and took it easy.  Todd enjoyed playing Jason’s xbox and killing zombies.  We went up to the house and had breakfast and then talked about what we wanted to do.  Last time I was in Bambergland Mr. Berle and I had ridden down a back road where a guy was getting water out of a spring.  Ever since I saw that I wanted some of that water.  THAT is what I wanted to do!  I wanted some spring water.  Everyone was on board so we grabbed a pitcher or two and a cup for me.  I love riding on the back roads.  It’s just fun and the scenery is so pretty.  We found the spring easily.  There is a PVC pipe running down a small hill and it pours out into a concrete bucket like thing that overflows and starts a stream that runs down the side of the road.  On that road there are streams running alongside the road the whole way down.  I grabbed my cup and headed to the PVC pipe.  Todd yells “You’re just going to DRINK that?!”  Um… yeah.  Do you know what all is in our tap water and people drink that, plus I have cancer.  I seriously doubt that drinking spring water out of a PVC pipe is going to hurt me any worse.  Live a little!  I put my cup under the stream running out of the pipe and took a sip.  Delicious!  The water was clean and didn’t have any after taste.  It’s probably a lot cleaner than anything I get at home.  I’m under surveillance for the next 48 hours.
We filled the pitchers up and headed down the road.  Mr. Berle and I were in the front with Todd and Mrs. Janet riding in the back holding the pitchers of water – wahahaha (evil laugh)!  We could do whatever we wanted to do.  Mr. Berle and I wanted to ride!  Todd and Mrs. Janet were our captives and there was nothing they could do about it.  We drove around and checked out some roads we had never been on.  The funniest part was Mrs. Janet’s expression.  We were in her Avalanche and half of the roads we go down are dirt roads.  She didn’t know that we took her truck down what she classifies as bad roads.  We found one road that we had never been down that looked like fun.  It has a sign that said “bridge ahead”.  I am always up for a bridge, they’re just fun.  So, we headed down this road.  It was bumpy and a little muddy.  Then it went down a moderate hill and we could see where one side of the road had washed out.  From the back Mrs. Janet is yelling “Y’all better not be takin’ my truck down roads like THIS!”  Silence.  Hehehe….  It’s a Chevrolet, it can handle it. 
After Todd and Mrs. Janet deemed they couldn’t handle anymore we headed back to the house.  It was a gorgeous day.  Buster spent most of the day outside jumping around and running through the field.  I wanted to get outside and enjoy the weather a little so I took Percy on a walk to the end of the large field.  It was so funny watching him hop, hop, hop through the tall grass.  I made it to the end of the field and I could tell that Percy had given up.  I was trying to coax him to make the last few steps but he just stood there.  I stood there and listened.  I heard a lot of birds.  I started to think “to these birds Percy probably looks like lunch”.  Time to go.  I caught up to Percy and headed back through the field.  Hop, hop, hopping all the way back to the house.
We had a great dinner.  I haven’t had steak in a long time.  It was delicious.  I made a cake for dinner.  I didn’t have any of my cake decorating stuff and I had to “a-la-Shea” – that is the word I use when I make a recipe from memory or change a recipe to make it the way I want it – the butter cream recipe since all my stuff was at home.  It turned out pretty good.  If I could have anything to eat I would like a watermelon.  I love watermelon.  My song of the day is “Gone” by Jack Johnson.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment