Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Heart Day!

For V-day I thought I would share one of my favorite pics of me and Todd.

2/14/11 – Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!  I hope it’s been a good day for you.
I woke up this morning for the first time in the last several days without feeling sick – success!  I love “up” weeks. 
I started my day ironing Todd’s shirt and then heading to work – dining room table.  It should be noted that the real act of love is me ironing.  I do not iron.  I buy clothes that don’t wrinkle specifically for that reason.  I thought since it is Valentine’s I should at least do a little something out of the ordinary, along with the fact that Todd asked if I wouldn’t mind ironing so he could get out the door on time.  Good deed of the day done!
Speaking of Valentine’s I’m not sure that I buy into all the mumbo jumbo.  Why is there one day out of the year were we are supposed to proclaim our love and act all mushy?  As a woman I condone romance in general but I kind of feel like Valentine’s is an insult to my intelligence and a slap in the face to guys around the world.  Are guys not romantic enough throughout the year that there needs to be one specific day earmarked for romance? Are women really silly enough to live year in year out with only getting some form of romance on that one day?  Doubtful, very doubtful.  I just don’t understand the importance of the day, that’s all.  I get the importance of the sentiment.  I much prefer to make a big deal out of an anniversary.  That makes more sense to me.
Since it goes with the territory, I thought I would take a moment to talk about my favorite flower.  I am a total and utter walking cliché.  Most women have some cool flower that is different that is their favorite flower.  Calla lilies, tulips, daisies, ….  Me?  Well, you might think that with my snarkiness and love for most things odd I would have some cool flower that was my favorite that Todd would have to search high and low to find on special occasions.  No, as I said I’m a walking cliché.  My favorite flower is the very generic rose.  If I had to choose I would say red is my favorite color, but really I like them all, especially the variegated kind with all the pretty colors.  I know all of you must be really disappointed.  How could I let you down with something so common?  I just love the way roses look, they come in tons of colors, they get prettier as they open, and they smell awesome.  The only thing I think smells better than a rose is a tea olive and the flowers on that would only work for a Barbie doll.
I guess I am going to celebrate Valentine’s a little even though I have judged it harshly.  Todd and I aren’t going anywhere special, just a nice dinner at home.  I’m going to try my hand at stuffed shells and meatballs now that red sauce doesn’t sound disgusting.  For dessert I’m making cookie ice cream sandwiches – I’m going to de-thaw one really well for me in case the cold sensitivity isn’t gone just yet.  I don’t really know anything that I would like to eat other than what I’m making, but I do plan to get a Chick-fil-A cookies and crème milkshake at the end of the week.  I also need to give a quick shout out to Becky for bringing me one of the best cups of coffee I have ever had this morning.  Note to self: I MUST acquire a Keurig!  My song of the day is as close to a love song as I’m gonna get – “Hook” by Blues Traveler.  Great song!
Well, I hope all of you have a great night!  Happy Valentine’s all.

2 comments:

  1. De-thaw, really? You have let mom's vocabulary invade your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help it. Some times those little "momisms" creep in. Like "put it up". I am totally ok with that. I also try to use the term "might could" in any situation possible!

    ReplyDelete