Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Doggie DHR

2/23/11 – Happy Wednesday!  Today has been another good day.
This morning I woke up, rolled out of bed, put on my house boots, and my comfy robe and THAT is what I wore to work today.  I did not fix my hair – with curly hair if you don’t fix it, it sticks out all around – classy!  I didn’t put on any makeup or even lip gloss.  I barely cleaned my face.  So, now that you have the mental image of me, let’s talk about my day.  It’s important to remember how I look.
I worked in the morning and then took my lunch break.  I’m sitting on the couch trying to relax and the doorbell rings. What?! Who’s ringing my doorbell during the day?!  I look horrible!  I can’t answer the door!  I knew whoever was at the door knew I was in the house because he could see the TV was on.  Great…. I’ll get the door.  I answered the door and it was True Green canvassing the area to get business.  I told the guy we had just switched to True Green and were happy so far.  He smiled and thanked me.  I knew he was probably thinking “Wow! She looked RUFF!”  I locked the door back and walked slowly back to the couch.  Defeated…  I snuggle in and enjoy some more of my show during lunch time.  A few minutes later the doorbell rings again.  Again!  WHO? WHO? Could possibly be at my door now?!  I sigh and get up.  It’s the True Green guy again.  As soon as I open the door Percy trots in.  What?!  The True Green guy says “Is this your dog?  He’s been following me down the road.”  WHAT?! Percy?  I’m not sure if he escaped out of the house when I answered the door or broke out of the back yard and decided to follow the True Green guy but either way I am horrible, horrible mom.  Horrible!  I thanked the True Green guy and scooped Percy up. I locked the door and hugged Percy for a good 5 minutes.  I’m a terrible mom. I lost my dog.  Please don’t report me to doggie DHR.
While we are talking about doggie DHR I have a story about Buster.  This is about a year ago now.  Todd and I had gone out to eat with one of our friends from out of town who was in town for a few days.  I had left Buster in our bathroom during the day to avoid any accidents or make easy cleanup for anything that happened because I knew I would be gone a long time that day.  I called Kristina and asked if she would just let Buster out and then put him back and I would be home as soon as dinner was done.  While I’m sitting at dinner I get a call from Kristina saying that Buster has eaten his shampoo and is now sick.  What?!  He ate what?!  I told Todd what had happened and decided to excuse myself from dinner.  Once I got to car I started to freak out.  My dog had eaten shampoo!  I had to call the emergency vet number.  I’m driving down the road, trying to hold it together, calling the emergency number.  The emergency vet told me that I needed to call poison control – POISON CONTROL!  I immediately call poison control.  When the lady answered the phone she asks what the problem is and then asks for my name, number, and address – my address.  I just told her my dog ate shampoo while under my care and now she is asking for my address.  They are coming to get my dog!  They are coming to take my dog away from me!  The lady asks what type of shampoo it was and how much was left.  Once I got home what I found can only be described as gross, truly gross.  I find the shampoo bottle and the nice poison control lady has me measure out how much is left so we can determine how much Buster ingested.  She looks it up and finds that it is in between on the acid and base scale.  He would be ok.  Just a lot of yuckiness.  Kristina had brought Buster over to her house so I slowly walked next door to claim my dog.  Buster was happy to see me but he obviously has a problem with dog shampoo.  I am happy to report that poison control did not report me to doggie DHR.  They are really quite nice and understanding.  Who would have thought that my dog would chew a dog shampoo bottle and then lick the contents – not me.  Now I know better.
Since I am now planning to run the Rumpshaker 5K I have to prepare.  I went for a run/walk around 6:00 today.  It felt great outside.  Buster and I did pretty well.  I wanted to go farther than my 1 mile and also wanted to see how long it would take me to run/walk a mile to test out my time for the 5K.  I went 2.2 miles and averaged a 15.13 minute mile.  Close enough.  My goal is to do a 15 minute mile so I can do my 5K in 45 minutes.  For my first time going that far I think I did a great job.  I’m going to do the 2 miles for a few more days and then bump it up to the 3 miles to prepare.  I can’t wait until this race.  It is going to be awesome!
If I could have anything to eat I would like a piece of peanut butter pie.  My song of the day is Collective Soul “Run”.
In case you’re wondering I’ve been checking to make sure I haven’t lost Percy every 15 minutes after the “True Green Incident”.  I haven’t lost him again – yet.  Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment