Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pepper spray anyone?

1/20/11 – Happy Sunday everyone!  Today has been a pretty good day.  I went to church and then met some friends for lunch.  We ate at one of my favorite places – Five Guys!  I haven’t had a cheeseburger since my first chemo week when that was all I could eat.  I’m a little worried that eating so many cheeseburgers during chemo will make me not like them once everything is over.  That would be sad.
Yesterday after posting my blog I took a look at the ads on the page.  As soon as I scrolled down I started laughing.  All my ads were for cold sore medicines, new herpes treatments, and house cleaning!  I did not realize my story would be so marketable.  Gold star Google and thanks for the laugh!
I have a few random thoughts that I would like to talk about.  My sister pointed out that on my “Happy Heart Day” blog I used the term “de-thaw”.  So what?  What’s wrong with that?  After I thought about it I realized that I was basically saying I froze something instead of what I really did – thaw something.  This might not sound like that big of a deal to you, but it really bothered me.  I hate it when people say “irregardless” – irregardless is not a word – even as I’m typing, Word is putting the red squiggly under the word.  It seriously bothers me when people say “irregardless”, so much so that I have taken it to the next level.  If you’re going to say irregardless why not say irregardlessly?!  Hunh?  Might as well.  So, you can see why me using a similar term bothered me so much.  I hereby promise that I, Shea Bamberg, will never use the non-word “de-thaw” again.  Deal!
My next random fact happened on my way home from Five Guys.  I stopped to fill my car with gas.  I pulled in to Kroger like a dreamer.  Getting gas at Kroger on a Sunday is like winning the lottery.  Why does everyone decide to fill their cars up on that day?  Why am I now one of these people?  I tend to get angry waiting for a free pump so I thought it best to go to Chevron instead.  Side note:  During the whole gas shortage I actually yelled at a lady who stole my gas pump.  She moved but it wasn’t one of my finer moments.  I got to Chevron and there were zero cars.  Zero!  Yeah, because everyone was at Kroger.  I filled up my car and was about to leave.  I glanced up at the store front and noticed a neon yellow sign that read “Pepper Spray Sold Here”.  Hunh (shoulder shrug).  Pepper spray.  I had never really thought about where to buy pepper spray before.  I didn’t know that people went to gas stations to buy such things.  If anyone needs pepper spray it is sold at the Chevron on Peachtree Industrial.  I think pepper spray is a little too tame for me.  I may need a taser or something instead.  Can you imagine me with a taser?!  Scary.
Tonight I had some good girl time, tacos, and cupcakes – sure the combo sounds a little weird but I basically eat like a pregnant lady, nausea included.  If I could have anything to eat I would like cake batter ice cream in a waffle cone.  That just sounds good for some reason.  My song of the day is Lori Morgan “Except for Monday” – takin’ it old school.  “But it’s Sunday now and you can bet that I’m alright.”
Night y’all.

3 comments:

  1. Ooo... one word that bothers me lately that people misuse is LITERALLY. LITERALLY is the new FIGURATIVELY. Yuck. Bothers me every time! I totally understand the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about that....Lori Morgan! Love you D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - The way some people pronounce literally bugs me too. Have you ever heard it pronounce "lit-tra-ly"? I cringe every time!

    ReplyDelete