Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Reflections

5/31/11 – Hello again.  Like I mentioned I’m trying to catch up on my blogging.
I watched Eat, Pray, Love the other day.  I thought it was a good movie.  I liked how they said that you should take time to just relax, really relax.  Do nothing.  Take a time out.  Everything seems to be so busy.  People are busy.  We don’t make time for ourselves.  No wonder we are all so stressed out. 
When we went to Bambergland the guys were watching the ladies softball SEC championship.  A game was constantly on the television.  I watched Ashley bake the red velvet cake, talked to Mrs. Janet about what color she should paint her kitchen, and sat with Todd and watched a little of the game.  That was it.  There were no more cakes to bake and no more colors to stew over.  I couldn’t watch softball anymore.  I had to get away.
Mr. Berle and Mrs. Janet had just put up a new swing.  I love to swing.  I took Buster and Percy outside to run around and parked myself on the swing.  I rocked back and forth, back and forth.  It was relaxing.  I could have sat on that swing for hours.  I tried to clear my mind and think about nothing.  Relax and enjoy just being. 
As I melted into nature I realized I love warm weather before it gets too humid.  I love pecan trees and watching people drive down a country road.  I love the flowers and the green grass.  I love the breeze the most.  The breeze IS the south.  It’s slow and long.  It smells like gardenias.  The breeze wraps you like a hug from a good friend.  It fills you and makes you content to be just where you are and nowhere else.  Good moment.
I was roused from my self-reflection by a “Shea! Lunch is ready!”  That’s just how they do in Bambergland.  A little loud, but not a bad way to be pulled out of contemplation. 
A few of you have wondered what I am reading.  I love to read.  I am strictly a fiction reader – tell me lies.  I love murder mystery type books.  I used to read so much that Todd had to ask me to stop reading as much at home because I wasn’t spending any time with him – duly noted.  I’m all about quality time so I tried to slow down when he’s home.  Lately I am reading:
-          The Janet Eveanovich Numbers Series.  I love these books. I’m currently on book 13 – Lean Mean Thirteen.   You know how most people have a “get out of jail free pass” with some Hollywood celebrity.  What is sad is that my person is a fictional character – I heart Ranger.  Sad, just sad.
-          The Shop.  I downloaded this on my Kindle for $.99.  Right now I like it though it started really weird.
-          Heaven by Randy Alcorn.  When you think about it what do really know about heaven?  Are you looking forward to leaving everything here and going there?  There are many people that think heaven will be boring (just singing)  and would rather just hang out here.  That is simply because we don’t have all the facts.  Heaven is something that is rarely written about.  It is something that we should look forward to and the book shows that.
-          Something Borrowed. I saw the movie and decided I should read the book.  I also joined a book club that is reading the book.  I’m not into it yet.  Just not feeling it after the first chapter.
-          I also have a Cosmopolitan that Todd bought me.  I will never look like Cameron Diaz.  I’m not sure why I continue to read this magazine.
Yeah, I’m a little over ambitious. 
Reading has always been something I’ve enjoyed.  As a little girl I would read Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys and curl up in a chair and read the entire day.  Reading was always a way I could escape.  It was something that drew me in and no matter what I had going on school, parents, or my stealthy little sister I could get a break.  I could be a detective working to solve a mystery. 
As I got older I got more into the scarier books – Goosebumps and Fear Street.  I also discovered my love for period pieces.  I love Jane Austen and Emily Bronte.  A weird combo but one that has endured.  I don’t read too many horror books now days but I do love a mystery and continue to adore Pride & Prejudice.  I like to compare myself to Elizabeth Bennet.
Since I’ve already posted a blog today I’m not listing a food for the moment.  If I was forced I might choose a donut.  Not song either.  Tired.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment