Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy FriDee!

My funny face.

5/6/11 – Happy Friday!
Today has been another chemo Friday.  They are all about the same.  I feel bad but it’s always better than Thursday.  It’s been the same ol’ same ol’ – tired and nauseous.  It will be over soon enough, just gotta make it through.
I received a new Loft card in the mail the other day and BOOM! I’ve been bitten by the shopping bug.  Just like that.  I think retailers plan things like this.  They update your card, and of course it looks way cuter than the card you had before.  Then the new card comes with coupons.  Coupons!  If you don’t use them it’s like throwing away money, right?  Like any good shopaholic I had to go to their website to see if there was anything I couldn’t live without.  One chance to guess the answer to that question.  Yes!  There is a black dress that MUST have.  I’m now obsessed with attaining this dress.  I need this dress.  Darn you Loft!
I plan to hit the Loft tomorrow morning and then check out one of my other favorites – Charming Charlie.  Charming Charlie is an accessorizors dream.  Necklaces, earrings, scarves, bracelets, headbands all in color order.  I heart headbands and any other accessories for that matter.  I am on the lookout for a black headband to wear to Ashley’s wedding.  I’ve embraced the headband to cover my slightly thinning hair in the front.  It is a brilliant disguise and I look cute too.
Speaking of hair loss, remember when I mentioned that there is a program that sends a scarf to people who are experiencing hair loss due to chemo?  France Luxe.  I sent in my order a few weeks ago.  I picked out several blue toned scarves that I could totally rock hair or no hair.  Well, my scarf came in the mail today.  It came along with a guide on how to wear the scarf and a card signed by their office staff.  How cool is that?  I thought it was very sweet.  The scarf is beautiful and is silk.  I wasn’t expecting silk.  I would have been happy with cotton.  I will definitely feel good wearing this scarf no matter the situation.  If anyone is experiencing or has a relative or friend experiencing hair loss due to chemo you should definitely check out France Luxe and their good wishes program.
I’ve noticed lately that some people do not pronounce the days of the week the same way I do.  This got me to thinking, which is correct?  Have any of you said or heard someone pronounce “Thursday” as “Thursdee”?  I’ve noticed it a lot lately.  My dad said it the other day, then I noticed Neil Boortz and Tom Shane from the Shane Company do it as well on their commercials and radio show.  I don’t know how I feel about this, but I just don’t understand where it comes from.  I’m 80% certain that it’s not Southern – I’m Southern and I don’t say “dee”.  Day.  Day.  How does that turn into Dee?  Does it just roll off the tongue easier?  I don’t think so.  Question: How many of you are now saying the days of the week trying to decide how you pronounce them?  I’m definitely a “day” person. 
Thanks for putting up with all my randomness tonight.  If I could have anything to eat I would like a red velvet cupcake.  Yum!  My song of the day is “Heart Shaped Box” by Nirvana.  I’ve been listening to rock today because I was driving Todd’s truck and didn’t have the desire or strength to change the station. 
Night y’all! 

3 comments: