Monday, May 9, 2011

To Wait or Not to Wait for a Parking Spot

5/9/11 – Ok, let’s get down to business.  How many of you wait for parking spots?  There!  I said it.  Might as well confess and get it out in the open.  There’s no judgement here – who am I kidding?  There’s plenty of judgement. – I have a thing about people waiting for parking spots. 
Some of you might be wondering what brought this out?  Obviously a close encounter with a car waiting for a spot, but there are details.  I find that I have certain “rules” when it comes to waiting for a parking spot. 
1.       Is it Christmas? – Christmas shopping is a pain no matter how you slice it.  Traffic is horrible, the malls are crowded, and I’m overall in a grumpy mood because of points 1 and 2.  Though waiting for a spot does not endear me to a person in any way I am willing to overlook it at Christmas time because finding a good parking spot is hard if not impossible.
2.       Is the car currently in the process of backing out? – This is an important point.  If I have to wait for you to get out of my way in order to look for my own parking spot you better not make me wait long.  If the car is already backing out I’m generally more inclined to not think ill of you (unless you decide to back into the spot – that’s a whole other rant).
3.       Are you in my way?  - Sometimes, only sometimes people who are waiting for a spot will leave room on one side in order to allow other cars to pass.  I appreciate people like this.  Other people tend to take up both sides of the lane daring anyone to challenge their soon to be spot.  That just makes me mad.  I tend to have “Fried Green Tomatoes” thoughts but I am not old enough to have more insurance or money than someone else, not that I haven’t contemplated crashing into someone who makes me mad on the road.  Road rage?  I have no idea what you’re talking about.
4.        Is your car nicer than mine? – True, this probably isn’t too hard to do.  What the Gallant lacks in style it makes up in gas mileage.  This point is completely shallow, but it is true.  I’m not inclined to like you or be tolerant of having to wait on you if your car is nicer than mine.  Maybe I have entitlement issues? 
What happened to make this an issue worthy of blogging was this:  Yesterday was my cheat day.  I, for some reason, have the overwhelming urge to try all cupcake stores in the Atlanta area.  Since I can only do this on my cheat day I HAD to have a cupcake yesterday.  Todd and I had been at church and I was worn out and hungry – not a good combination.  We were checking out Give Me Some Suga in Suwanee Town Center.  We pulled into the circle and BOOM!  - car waiting to get someone’s spot.  It is obviously not Christmas time.  The car that they were waiting on wasn’t backing out already.  The people were packing things in their trunk.  The car took up the entire road way.  And, on top of that it was a Lexus.  Check, check, check, and check.  I did not care for these people one bit.  Fortunately Todd was driving, so the poor suckers were spared the wrath of Shea.  I was slightly put off but I made it to my cupcake shop and all was forgotten.  Icing is the cure of all ills. 
Now for the big questions: Are you a person that waits for parking spots?  Do you live anywhere close to me?  Do you abide by the list of specific rules that makes waiting for spots acceptable?  Again, do you live anywhere close to me?  Maybe I should shop online for the good of humanity.  Thoughts...?
In case any of you are reading to see how I’m feeling I’m doing good today.  Sundays take a lot out of me being at church and around a lot of people, but I enjoy it.  As long as I stay hopped up on caffeine I am good to go.  My hands have been going numb a lot lately.  I basically ignore it as best as possible.  Still very weird.  I feel like I’m starting to get a sore throat again which in all honesty scares me.  I handled thrush the first time maintaining what little grace I had left.  I’m not sure how graceful I will be if I get it again and am sick for 5 weeks in a row.  That just doesn’t seem fair to me.  Like I said, I have entitlement issues, so obviously I feel that after having a somewhat rough 3 weeks I should have one good week before having chemo again.  That’s only fair, right?  I have taken my Flintstones vitamins (yes, I really do take Flintstones), drank some of my icky throat sore mouthwash, and have taken a Claratin trying to prevent anything further from developing.  I am hoping this is just allergies.  Maybe I should break out the IcyHot just for good measure.  In all honesty I like to joke about a lot of things, but am hoping and praying that I’m not getting thrush again.  I would appreciate any prayers that this would just be something minor and allow me to have a good week.
If I could have anything to eat I would like a bowl of red velvet ice cream.  I saw a commercial for it last night.  I did not know that such a thing existed and now feel that I have to try it, though I don’t know if I should.  What if it’s not what it’s hyped up to be?  That would be disappointing and I would have wasted all those calories.  I still think I should try it.  My song of the day is the Friend’s theme song, just because it’s fun, and we need a little fun.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment