Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Road Rage and Day Dreaming

5/24/11 – Dear Dude in the White GMC Sonoma,
     Get out of my way or learn to drive the speed limit.
     Love,
     Shea
This morning I was stuck behind a white GMC Sonoma.  I don’t understand people who drive under the speed limit.  School is almost out so I’m certain that the school zone speed limit shouldn’t apply.  Logical, right?  I also had an epiphany as I was slugging along behind the white GMC – people who drive slow are the reason that others drive too fast.  I base this reasoning on the fact that would be “regular” drivers get stuck behind these people and get so behind that they/we are forced to speed up once we are able to get past the slow pokes.  Blows your mind doesn’t it?
I have learned that I’m not a very good poet.  I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I’m too analytical.  Accounting and poetry don’t mix.  I did write one that I thought was more on the fun side that doesn’t seem too bad.  I hope you’re ready.  This is Shea Bamberg original.
                “Simple Life”
                Shoes, smiles, and sunlight
                Food, family, friends
                Simple things make me happy
                Simple things make me laugh
                Funny faces and flowers
                Movies for two and make overs
                Simple things make me smile
                Simple things make my day worthwhile
                Believe me I know, life can be complicated, treasure the simple things.
It’s a work in process, but I think it has potential.  My other poems were written during my chemo week and deal more with what I go through.  I need to tweak them a bit before they are ready to be shared.  Who knows, they may just be for me - another form of self therapy.
Todd and I are frantically getting our house ready for new carpet.  I CANNOT wait!  We still have the original carpet that came with the house 10 years ago.  It was in a sad state when Todd and I moved in, but has deteriorated over time and dog potty training.  Have you ever noticed that your house has to get messy before it gets clean?  It’s a process.  Cleaning out closets, moving furniture, painting trim – painting trim! There are few things in the world that I dislike more than painting trim.  Everything has to be done this week because next week I will be worthless. 
So, my nights are consumed with cleaning and sorting.  That seems to be all I do.  Clean and sort, clean and sort.  Blah, blah, blah.  I know once the carpet is in and the room is complete it will all be worth it.  Todd’s worked hard to finish the room. 
Random observation: Why do guys get “man caves”?  What do women get?  Todd says that the rest of the house is mine.  I think that’s illogical.  How is the rest of the house mine?  So what if I decorated it. So what if I picked out the art, colors, and furniture.  I don’t think that means that it’s all mine.  I mean, if it were mine I would have shelves of shoes displayed around the house, tons of china (oh wait I already do), and lots and lots of pillows – women love pillows.  I wouldn’t have a 50” flat screen I can tell you that much.  I also wouldn’t have huge speakers.  I would have flowers (real ones) all over the place.  I would also have a plush rug and candles that smell like fresh cotton or lavender.  I would probably turn one of the guest bedrooms into my personal wardrobe – yeah!  I could turn the bedroom into this huge closet for all my clothes, purses, and shoes.  I would have a wall of mirror just to make sure I did not make a fashion faux pas – famed mirror of course.  I would have a station for jewelry and another one for makeup.  I would also need a huge fan to make sure my outfit looked good in any weather.  Oh! And a perfume and lotion section too!  Now that would be awesome.  If the house were truly mine that is what I would do. 
Man caves are overrated.   The male argument is unfounded.  Women need their own space too.   I want a closet of my own!  A girl can dream.  A certain song come to mind – “dream the impossible dream…”
All in all today has been a good day.  If I could have anything to eat I would like one of those new strawberry lemonade things from McDonalds.  They just sound yummy and I love lemonade.  My song of the day is something I heard on the radio as I was headed home and loved as soon as I heard it – “Keep Your Head Up” by Andy Grammer.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment