Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Bamberg Wallet Effect

Memorial Day Fireworks!

6/1/11 – I cannot believe that it is the first of June already.
I enjoyed my Memorial Day by sleeping in and relaxing from a long weekend.  Mrs. Janet had a pillow that she brought with her on the trip that is one of those pillows that stabilizes your neck better than a regular pillow.  We decided that Monday she and I would wake up and go to Ross to look for pillows, then go to DSW to use a $10 gift card I had that was expiring, then on to Costco to get a member ship and Kroger to pick up some groceries.
We took our time that morning.  We left Todd at home working on clearing out the bedrooms for carpet and painting trim.  We hit Ross and I don’t think things will ever be the same.  We racked up.  I have been looking for a dog bed that zips out and is able to be washed (that’s what I planned to get at Costco).  I found the perfect one at Ross for $18 – score!  Percy has needed new dog bowls.  He currently was drinking out of a dip dish and a regular bowl for water.  Stella shares Percy’s water and they needed a bigger bowl.  I found a set of two bowls for $3.99 – yet another score!  I checked out the pillows and found two memory foam pillows to support our necks.  Of course I couldn’t go into Ross and not look at dresses.  That would be a crime.  I found myself a cute black sundress with a zipper down the front.  Kind of different but really cute. 
We looked like we bought the store with all of my stuff and Mrs. Janet’s door mat, shirts, pjs, cute kids shoes, and coffee all crammed into one small cart.  We had a ton of stuff and made out like bandits.
After Ross we headed to DSW – also known as shoe paradise.  I had a coupon for $10 that was expiring that day.  I consider it a crime against shoes to not use a free coupon.  If you can believe it I actually went to DSW and did not buy myself something.  Really.  Todd needed a new pair of tennis shoes so I got him some shoes instead of myself.  They were actually cute shoes so it didn’t hurt my feelings too much.  Just because I didn’t buy shoes doesn’t mean that I didn’t look.  All the shoes I want are too expensive to talk myself into at the present moment.
Once we left DSW we rolled by Costco.  It was obvious that they were closed.  No cars in the parking lot at all.  Good for them.  We headed to Kroger to pick up some groceries.  We tried to get healthy groceries to get back on our diets.  We got just enough to make us through the week and have some good meals.  We checked out and headed to the car.  Once we packed everything in the car Mrs. Janet said “Where’s my pocket book?”  She had just had her pocket book when we checked out in Kroger. 
This may seem like not that big of a deal.  So she left her pocket book inside and can just go pick it up before we leave.  The thing you don’t know is that Todd has left his wallet at Home Depot not once but twice.  Twice.  I’m not sure what it is about Home Depot that wants to claim his wallet – I’m sure they already have all our money.  So it’s not just Todd.  His mother left her purse in Kroger.  She walked in and picked up the purse from customer service.  When she got back I decided that she had been yet another victim of the Bamberg wallet effect.  The Bamberg wallet effect seems to only affect Bambergs and it is when a store decides to claim their wallets.  No reason is necessary.   Since I’m around both of them this week I am keeping my wallet close in case the Bamberg wallet effect is able to transfer to me through marriage.
Monday night we went to the Gwinnet Braves game.  We hung out with friends, talked a lot, and I had my mandatory pretzel.  I enjoy going to the Gwinnet Braves because it is close to home.  Traffic getting to and from the game isn’t terrible and the prices aren’t horrible, though they do think their concessions are being sold at the real Braves stadium.  After the game there were fireworks to celebrate Memorial Day.  I love fireworks.  There is something about fireworks that just makes me feel like a kid again.  I think I’m going to have that feeling all my life.  I love the colors, the moving explosions, and the crackles.  I just love it all.  My favorite ones are the ones that are sold gold and fizz a little as they stream down the sky and just hang out for a little longer than the others. 
That was really it for my Monday.  If I could have anything to eat right now I would just like some gum.  Not really hungry.  My song for Monday would probably have to be Katy Perry’s “Firework”.  I know this is a repeat but it is appropriate.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment