Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"They're like beautiful....queens."

5/11/11 – I hope everyone had a good Wednesday.  I had a busy but good day.  I worked a little longer than my usual half day at work, half day at home.  I stayed at work until almost 4:00 and I was beat! I hit Target on the way home to decompress and later had some well deserved “chair time” outside.
My throat is still sore but I am happy to report that I don’t have thrush this time.  It seems to just be allergies.  Who would have thought that I would be happy to have allergies?  Not me.
I know it’s been a while since I have mentioned Jessica Simpson Collection.  I still have a lot of rage.  I was talking to Todd about how I needed to check and see if they had processed the credit.  They sent me product due to false advertising and were very unhelpful with correcting the problem, so I was due.  To be honest I think they still owe me for pain and suffering.  Anyway, off my soapbox, they processed the credit.  I am now free to let it go. 
Todd and I have been watching a lot of Reba because we are switching to Dish Network.  Todd went ahead a cancelled our Direct TV to prevent having another billing cycle.  I really like Reba.  It’s easy to watch and though the comedy is corny it is still funny to me.  I’m not sure what that says about me.  As Todd and I were watching our 10th Reba of the night he turned to me and said, “You remind me of her.”  “Who, Reba?”  He said “No, Barbara Jean.”  Hunh.  I remind him of the woman who stole Reba’s husband, became disillusioned that she was Reba’s best friend, constantly annoys Reba and is quite frankly crazy – over dramatic and crazy crazy.  Yes, I am overly theatrical and I like to act a little crazy from time to time, but really?  Barbara Jean?  It’s good to know Todd’s real feelings towards me.  One of my favorite quotes from Barbara Jean is “I always wanted to be a beauty queen.  They’re like beautiful… queens.”
Alright, now on to a random observation that I made today.  As I was driving home I noticed a crowd of teenage girls at one of the houses (not in my neighborhood) I passed wearing short shorts and bathing suit tops.  Bathing suit tops?  Bathing suit tops?!  I instantly start thinking random thoughts “Why are these girls out in front – front! – of a house with only bathing suit tops for their shirt?”  “Why is there a large gathering of teenage girls?  What are they up to?”  “Would my parents have let me parade around the neighborhood wearing short shorts and a bikini top?” – doubtful, highly doubtful. 
I just don’t get it.  Isn’t it like inviting trouble?  There are creepers everywhere.  What kind of guys does that invite?  My answer is “none that you would really want to date.”  I mean, have you seen the guys that chase scantily clad girls?  Nevermind, I guess that’s all guys.  So, be on the lookout.  There are teenage girls randomly walking around neighborhoods with shorts and bikini tops on.  The first taste of warm weather and people go crazy.   
The allergies are starting to kick in, so I’m making this a short one, plus Todd and Buster are sleeping on the couch and one of them is snoring and it sounds like a dying animal.  Better wake them up fast.  If I could have anything to eat I would like some frozen yogurt from Yogli Mogli.  I really want this a LOT!  My song of the day is “I’m a Survivor” by Reba.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment