Saturday, April 30, 2011

IcyHot Linebacker

4/30 /11 – Happy Saturday all.
I’m afraid that y’all are in for a stretch of tired and serious blogs.  Boring, I know. 
Today I woke up and felt a little better.  Todd and I went carpet shopping one more time.  Third time’s a charm.  I picked out some more carpet samples and we bought paint for the man room. 
After searching for carpet and paint we headed to the grocery store to stock up on cheat day items – chocolate milk, check!  By the time we got to check out I was ready to go home.  I was tired and starting to feel the wear of a busy morning.
When we got home I took a nap and woke up feeling worse.  How is that fair?  Aren’t naps supposed to revive you?  I think it was just later in the day and I tend to feel worse as the day goes on.  Still not as bad as the last few days and my temperature has started to slap off.
I am feeling better but I am very sore.  Breathing still hurts at times.  I am lathering myself constantly with IcyHot.  I smell like hair products and mint.  Sexy.  Todd was sitting next to me and started sniffing.  He said “you smell minty.”  Yep, the IcyHot.  It’s been a lifesaver for my sore muscles.  Since my throat has hurt so much I have over compensated with my shoulders and the back of my neck making me very sore on top of being puny.
Enter the IcyHot.  Todd says that it’s like sleeping with a linebacker.  As long as it works I honestly don’t care that I smell like a sweaty huge dude who gets to hit lots of people.  There might be some perks to the comparison.  I would be considered powerful and people would probably run from me.  I’ve been told that my hair is scary when I wake up so I’m pretty sure that people already run at the sight of me without having to be a linebacker too.
Last night after reading my blog, Kristina came over and surprised me with Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part I.  She had just bought it and thought it might lift my spirits.  We had an impromptu movie night which really made me feel good since I was home alone moping that the nurse said there was really nothing wrong with me.  I felt much better once the movie started it completely wiped away all that the nurse had told me.  100 is not a temperature – puh-lease.  Well, maybe I’m still dwelling on that one.
Tonight I’m resting once again watching the Underworld series.  I have an addiction to vampire movies. 
Have any you seen the zoosk commercial where the girl is dating an “athlete” – a dart “athlete”.  I LOVE that commercial.  He stretches (“getting stupid loose”) and has sponsors but the best part is when he does his little “get psyched” yell – ca ca COW!   I can totally mimic that entire commercial.  I think I should dress up as that dude for Halloween.  It would be awesome.
This is going to be a short blog.  Hopefully as I get better I will come up with more interesting topics again.  Maybe I’ll rewatch Top Gun and do another critique?  Anyway.  If I could have anything to eat I would like a rice krispy treat.  My song of the day is “Just Can’t Get Enough” by The Blackeyed Peas.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment