Thursday, April 7, 2011

Press on!

4/7/11 – I really dislike Thursdays.  I know I probably sound like broken record every chemo week – “Thursday’s stink, Thursday’s stink, Thursday’s are horrible.”  But, it really is true.  Worst day EVER.
The ”being hit by a bag full of baseballs” effect started to set in a little earlier this time.  Todd drove me to have my port removed and as I was walking through the parking lot I seriously wondered if my legs could support me.  You would think that once the port is removed I would feel better, right?  Wrong.  I seem to feel worse once it comes out.  It’s like all the chemo kicks in once the needle comes out.
Todd drove me home while I slept and then we had a quick lunch and he headed off to work.  Once Todd left for work I changed into pajamas and set up camp on the couch.  I read my book a little and then dozed off.  I slept most of the afternoon.  The baseball effect only gets worse as the day goes on. 
So, now I’m sitting on the couch debating whether to lie back down on the couch or crawl into bed.  I seriously almost fell asleep while using the bathroom.  That would have been embarrassing. 
This is going to be a short blog but I wanted to let you know how I was feeling – sore, weak, and drained.  But, don’t you think for a minute that I can’t do this because I can.  I’ve got my eye on the prize, Monday morning here I come!
If I could have anything to eat I would love something cold to drink.  My throat hurts really bad and I know something cool would make me feel better but I can’t handle cold stuff yet.  My song of the day is “Press On” by Selah.  Perfect song for me today.  I promise I’ll have a longer more interesting blog tomorrow.  Got some new dish on Jessica Simpson Collection and my bathing suit debacle.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment