Monday, April 11, 2011

Percy in my purse!

Me and Percy at a restaurant.

4/11/11 – What can I say?  I’ve been busy enjoying myself this weekend.  Sorry for the lack of blogs.  By the end of each night I was wiped out and had zero energy to compose anything interesting to read.  It would read “great day, very sleepy, night y’all!” 
This weekend was a lot of fun.  We planted flowers at Granny’s like usual.  Her backyard looks very pretty.  I basically watched all the fun.  I did plant an herb garden in a planter, but I mostly made sure everyone else was doing their job properly. 
After the yard work we went back to the cabin.  The day was pretty much consumed with yard work so that night we just relaxed, went on a sunset boat ride, had a good dinner, and watched a little TV.  Of course there was birthday cake involved.  Yesterday we took it easy.  We had a good breakfast and then waited for the sun to come out.  I lathered on my 50 SPF and soaked up a little vitamin D.  I didn’t last too long in the sun.  I’m trying to be very cautious so the first sight of redness I moved to the shade.  It was nice while it lasted.
I really love being at the cabin.  I have always loved the lake and there is something about being on the water that just relaxes me.  Maybe it’s that things are simpler?  Or that the water makes me forget all the other “stuff” that’s going on?  I’m not sure what it is, but it’s basic and it’s a wonderful feeling.  The sunsets at the cabin are also the best.  I know when people go to the beach they always want to see this perfect sunset and that is often what they think they have seen.  I hazard to suggest that the best sunset is on Lake Harding.  Maybe somewhere in some other country there might be another sunset that could rival the one at the cabin but I think as far as beaches in the South go, there isn’t a better one that I’ve seen.
We packed up around 4:00 and headed back to Georgia.  We usually pick Erin and Mark up at the airport.  We’re like their personal shuttle.  So the 4 of us packed into the truck with Percy and headed home.  Buster is staying at the cabin while we are in D.C. this weekend.  Somewhere along the road Erin and Mark found out their flight had been canceled and had to book another flight on a later plane.  What to do?  They now had an extra 2 hours.  We decided to try to find a place that had outdoor seating (because of Percy) and have some appetizers and drinks.  Since they needed to stay around the airport we found a place on Camp Creek Pkwy.  I had left Percy’s leash at the cabin on accident and didn’t have anything to harness him with.  How was I going to control this dog?  Percy meet my purse.  Yup!  I cleaned out the inessentials from my purse and dumped Percy in!  Perfect.  He let me carry him to the restaurant and to our seats.  In order to get to their outdoor seating you had to go through the restaurant and come back outside into a gated area.  I scooted through the restaurant part as quickly as I could hoping to not be seen.  Once we were outside I let Percy out of my purse and just held him.  Our server thought he was adorable and they even offered to get him a bowl of water.  So, yesterday I became “that person”.  The person who carries his/her dog in a purse and then holds it while eating!  Yes, there is picture evidence of this. 
Those of you who are familiar with Atlanta might have noticed that I said we stopped on Camp Creek Parkway.  Interesting, right?  Not mine and Todd’s usual area.  Let me just say I got some good people watching in.  The restaurant where we stopped promoted itself as “Steak, Seafood, and Entertainment”.  We had the fried green tomatoes and fried mushrooms with this spicy remoulade sauce.  The sauce was delicious and the restaurant was nice for a place we found off the internet.   I think the place turns into a lounge later at night.  As we sat outside we soaked up some flavorful profanity and interesting outfits.   Yes, I have heard cure words before but nothing strung together like this.  I know I’ve probably heard people be cussed out on movies or something like that, but I have never experienced a performance first hand coming from a guy driving a black Explorer.  I’m just glad I wasn’t the one it was directed at.  Most people might be offended by something like this happening, but I’m pretty sure I just sat there and listened and then said “Did that just really happen?!  I didn’t know people really said stuff like that.”  It’s amazing the things I find entertaining.
All in all I had a great weekend.  I’m glad to be home because I am tired.  If I could have anything to eat I would like a piece of cheese toast and some orange juice.  My song of the day is “Manic Monday” by the Bangles.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment