Friday, April 8, 2011

JS - Just Sucks

4/8/11 – Shea’s rant.
I have been going back and forth with Jessica Simpson Collection about a bathing suit that I ordered in February that didn’t come in as what I ordered.  It has taken forever to get everything straightened out and has driven me to my wits end.  I should have just ordered the $178 bathing suit and been done with it.    
Here’s the run down on the Jessica Simpson Collection Debacle:
-          I found a bathing suit that I loved on Betsey Johnson’s website but it was $178, no way was I going to pay that amount for a swimsuit.
-          I searched other websites and found an adorable bathing suit on Jessica Simpson Collection for slightly less.  Still over priced, but doable.
-          On February 27th I ordered this adorable bathing suit.  I had big plans for hanging out at the pool and looking cute in my one piece to hide my lovely incision.  It’s important that you understand that the only reason I was so into this bathing suit was because I wanted something to cover my incision.  Yes, it is a war wound and something that I should be proud that I’ve made it through but I honestly don’t know if I want people staring at that part of my body.
-          The first of March I received my bathing suit.  I was so excited!   When I opened the package I noticed that the bathing suit was not what I had ordered.  My bathing suit was supposed to have a little skirt on it to make it more girly.  This one had no skirt and was NOT figure flattering.
-          I emailed customer service to let them know that I had a problem with my product.  No big deal, right?  Surely companies have quality problems and were more than equipped to handle them efficiently.
-          A week passed and no one emailed me back.  I decided to call customer service.  I connected with a nice lady who seemed very helpful.  Apparently my email had been overlooked but she promised me that she would take care of it and needed to email their swimsuit distributor.  Fine.
-          I received an email a few days later asking for a picture of what I received.  I took a picture of the bathing suit and sent it off.
-          I didn’t hear anything back, didn’t hear anything back.  This was around the time when I couldn’t sleep well.  I would just wake up at 3:00 and start composing emails to them demanding my product that I had paid good money for. 
-          Finally on March 24th I was so fed up that I sent them an email laying everything out there.  I also mentioned that they still had the same picture up on line and I can only assume that other customers are ordering and receiving the correct bathing suit but I’m left sitting here for months waiting on something that I may never receive.  If you are interested they still have the main picture up on their website (polka dot one piece).  When you click into the link it changes to the actual swim suit they sell – can anyone say false advertising? http://www.jessicasimpsoncollection.com/SWIM/One-Piece/
-          After I pulled the cancer card they seemed very helpful.  Seemed is the word.  They said that the bathing suit I received is the only kind like that they make and offered to send me another bathing suit of my choosing free of charge.  Fine.  I picked out another bathing suit and emailed them my information on the 25th of March.
-          Do you think I heard back from them?  Nope!
-          I finally sent them another email on April 4th letting them know that I had not received a confirmation email for my replacement product and had not received the product.  If they did not email me back quickly I would file a dispute with American Express.  – I love American Express.
-          I gave them 2 business days and there was no response.  You don’t mess with a girl with chemo!
-          I filed my dispute with American Express and not long after I received an email from Jessica Simpson Collection.  At this point I have zero sympathy left.  I told her to give me a credit for my product and pay for the shipping if they wanted the imposter bathing suit back. 
-          I apparently have a shipping label coming my way and will reserve further judgment until I receive my credit.  Oh, they did offer me 25% off an online purchase.  Puh-lease.  I will NEVER purchase anything off Jessica Simpson Collection again.  Maybe some other retailer will be more sympathetic to my situation.
I know all of this seems very melodramatic, but it really has been an ordeal.  I didn’t know that companies actually did business like that.  So, I wasted a whole month and a half of my life worrying about a bathing suit that I can’t have.  Now I have to find something else.  J. Crew here I come.
Well, I hope you have enjoyed my little drama. 

2 comments:

  1. You should check out Shabby Apple's bathing suits. They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I just ordered 2 bathing suits from Target but I looked at Shabby Apple like you said and I'm in LOVE! I may wind up with 3 bathing suits. Take that Jessica Simpson!

    ReplyDelete