Friday, April 8, 2011

Frumpy Friday

4/8/11 – Well, I finally made it to Friday.  Today was a lot like Thursday.  I was very tired and sore.  I spent most of the day asleep trying to feel  better. 
I have a big weekend planned – my grandmother turned 90 today and we are all going to help celebrate.  I can’t be puny for that.  I knew I needed to get all my puniness out today so I can have a good weekend.  Let’s just hope it worked.  Every year we all get together and plant flowers in Granny’s yard.  The guys usually have some structure they have to build so it tends to turn into a funny day of family.
I still feel like someone has hit me with a bag full of baseballs and am very tired and weak but I’m sure once I’m around everyone I will perk up.  I spent the day lying around the house waiting to feel better.  Generally I start to pick up on Friday.  It didn’t work quite that way this time.  I may be starting to experience a little more chemo build up.  Halfway through the day I still felt the same.  In my opinion the day was a bust.
Have you ever been sick and not been able to do anything all day?  Does that day ever feel like a “good” day to you?  It never does to me.  I know I need to take the time and rest but it seems like a waste of a day.  That’s what I felt like today.  I rested and took care of myself the way I know I should have but I felt completely worthless.
The other day when I was at chemo I noticed a flier for Good Wishes that provides scarves to people who are experiencing hair loss due to chemo.  As I’ve shared I’ve become a little sensitive about my hair and the lack there of.  I decided to check out the website once I got home.  FranceLuxe has a lot of cool hair accessories.  When you go to their website they have a link for Good Wishes.  I emailed them and picked out a few scarves that I liked.  I should receive my Good Wishes scarf sometime in the next few weeks.  I’m really excited.  Their scarves are really cool and I know that I will have something cool to wear in my hair if I’m feeling sensitive about my hair loss or it continues to get worse.
I’m off to Alabama for my Granny’s birthday.  If I could have anything to eat I would like some frozen yogurt.  My song of the day is “Hate on Me” by Glee.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment