Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good Friday & Saturday

4/23/11 – What a good Friday and Saturday – well, relatively speaking that is.
I’ve been feeling worse for longer periods of time.  I’m not gonna lie, it stinks.  I sleep until about 11:00 every day, which sounds glamorous, but it’s not.  I think the reason I sleep so late is because (1) I’m very tired and (2) I’m in denial about how horrible I feel and have zero desire to climb out of bed and face the day. 
Friday I spent the day convincing myself that I felt good enough to go to the Good Friday service at Verizon Amphitheatre.  Todd and I went for the first time last year and enjoyed it so much we decided to make it a yearly ritual.  My day went something like this – “I think I can do it; no, I’m gonna puke, I really think I can make this work; nope, not gonna happen.”  In the end I manned up and went.  There is something about putting on real clothes and makeup that peps me up.  I think being around friends also helps. 
The Good Friday service is really cool because there are a ton of people all singing praise and worship songs together.  It is a truly unique experience.  Everyone was standing and singing and I was sitting and singing.  I was happy to make it there so sitting was completely ok with me.  Kristina sat with me so I didn’t feel like such a loser all by myself.  The concert was great and the time with friends worshiping before Easter was even better.
So, how about today?  Today started slow.  Todd had his usual little league games so that allowed me to sleep until 11:00 as has become my norm.  I woke up when he got home and fixed myself breakfast/lunch.  Generally I would be ashamed to admit that I combined the two, but in this case I think I’m allowed a little latitude. 
Todd and I determined to have a productive day so I got ready to face a full day.  Todd got his hair cut and then we headed to Home Depot to look at carpet samples.  Carpet samples.  There are just so many to decide from.  We looked and looked.  Somewhere around the time we walked in to Home Depot and 2 minutes after we started talking to the associate I started to feel a little funny.  My knees didn’t feel so stable.  My head was a little funny.  I was VERY tired.  “Focus Shea.  Focus!  Do NOT pass out in Home Depot.  Maybe I should sit down?  Maybe I should get a Coke?  I can do this.  I can do this.  Do NOT pass out.  Todd, hello, I’m about to fall out here.”  Finally the guy stopped talking and I was able to tell Todd I couldn't stand much longer.  We had found some good samples so we headed out.  I got in the truck and laid my seat out.  Rest.  Rest.  Just as I got comfortable Todd said “I just wish we could check out Lowes…”  Ok.  I can do this.  Let’s go to Lowes.  Once we got to Lowes Todd bought me a Coke and after a few sips I was good to go.  No repeats of Home Depot, thank goodness.  We looked at more carpet samples and found a few that we liked.  After Lowes I was still hopped up on Coke so we headed to Kroger to get some groceries.  I made it through grocery shopping alright but as soon as we walked out the door I started to crash.  Good timing.
I had a once in a lifetime celebrity spotting at the gas station at Kroger.  Once in a lifetime!  I saw Manny from Modern Family.  I can only assume that the little guy that I saw was Manny because it was sunny and 80 degrees and this kid had on a suit.  A suit!  Total Manny style.  Now the real Manny would have had a pocket square and probably wouldn’t have been sporting tennis shoes with his suit, but come on, I’m pretty sure this was a legitimate sighting.  No regular kid would rock a suit on a day like today.  It was awesome!
All in all today has been difficult but good.  I’ve enjoyed having a productive but quality Saturday at home.  If I could have anything to eat I would like a cupcake – 2 maybe.  I’m watching what I’m eating so I would pretty much eat anything that is bad for me.  My song of the day is “Forever Reign” by Hillsong.  This was one of the songs from last night.  Love it!
Happy Easter everyone!  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment