Monday, April 25, 2011

Love affair with a chocolate bunny!

4/25/11 – Greetings blog readers!
I am happy to report that today was a good day – success!  After a touch and go weekend I really wasn’t sure what Monday held for me.  My last Monday after chemo was rough to say the least.  I didn’t know if I would wake up and still be sick, but I’m happy to report that Mondays are “up” days once again – well, at least this time.
I spent my day working from home.  I find that it is best to work from home on Monday’s after chemo just to kind of protect myself in case I don’t feel great.  Working at work is tiring.  Working at home is much more chill.  I prefer to work from work, which is why I will be returning to my half day in the office/half day at home schedule tomorrow. 
So, I’ve mentioned how Todd and I are watching what we eat.  (Remember?  Yet another horrible experience on the dog scale at the oncologists?  I hit a new high – literally!)  Anyway, I’ve been eating ultra healthy all week.  Just to give you an idea, celery and organic peanut butter is splurging!  This diet should be compared to a new form of torture.  I mean, take Snickers and diet Coke away from a girl on chemo, that’s hard core.  But, it does work.  I’ve already lost 4 lbs.  I guess I can be a little uncomfortable to avoid constant disappointment on the dog scale.  Dog scale here I come.
With our diet we are allowed a cheat day once a week.  Cheat day!!!  Oh my gosh!  I cannot wait.  Cannot wait!  I am going all out.  I fully intend to consume a week’s worth of calories all in one day.   I may set a world record or something.  I’m doin’ it.  You can’t stop me.  Twinkies, Snickers watch out.  I’m hungry and I’m coming for ya!
In all honesty I am looking forward to tomorrow.  I’ve already planned out my breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.  Cupcakes.  I’m getting cupcakes.  That’s the only real thing that I’m being a stickler about.  I have to have something sweet.  Todd and I actually went grocery shopping just for tomorrow – how sad is that?  Did I mention the chocolate bunny?  I got a chocolate bunny yesterday that I plan to eat as soon as I wake up!  Holla!
Today has been good.  If I could have anything to eat I would like a grilled cheese sandwich.  My song of the day is “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele.  I heart this song.  Love!
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment