Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pretending to be a carrot

At the cabin enjoying a night ride.

4/20/11 – Second blog of the day.  Trying to get caught up again.
Today was the day after chemo and as Todd terms it I usually feel ok on Wednesdays.  I think the term ok is relative.  I don’t feel horrible yet, but I definitely don’t feel up to my usual fabulousness. 
Sometime around 4:00 I started to drag.  I decided to call work quits and basically pretended to be a vegetable.  I layed around and folded up a few clothes.  I basically tried to move as little as possible in hopes that my ickiness would go away.  After I got over my denial of actually feeling sick I took some anti- nausea medicine, which doesn’t work but I paid for it so I consider it throwing money away not to take the pills.  Maybe they do work a little and I would only know if I stopped taking them?  Not a chance I’m willing to take because I already feel nauseous enough when I do take them.
Around 6:15 I pulled myself out of my vegetable state and decided to have some chair time.  I find that doing little things or just moving around the house gives me some energy or something different than just lying on the couch pretending to be a carrot.  The fresh air and looking at my flowers helps too. 
Todd and I have started a new diet.  I know dieting is probably not all that good of an idea when you’re going through chemo but when I stepped on my nemesis - the dog scale - this week my weight had gone up yet again.  It’s driving me nuts.  Todd had wanted to try this new diet which is simply a 30 day cleans.  It’s always easier to diet together and goodness knows I will cry if that number continues to go up.  I got my Target bathing suits this weekend (of course they were exactly what I ordered, unlike Jessica Simpson Collection) so now I have some added motivation.  Bathing suit season is upon us!
Every time I go to chemo I always pick out a place I want to eat afterward as a treat.  I try to change the places I go because once chemo is over I don’t want to hate one particular place because I would associate it with chemo treatment.  I usually go to Chick-fil-A, Krystal, Quiznos, McDonalds – ya know, healthy stuff.  This week I felt like Arby’s – curly fries please!  Todd and I went through the drive through and I knew exactly what I wanted a beef and cheddar and curly fries.  Todd got the meal so he could have my drink and then ordered off the dollar menu.  He saw these things called “Jr. Buffalo Sandwich”.  He didn’t even hesitate when he ordered.  “And I’d like 4 Jr. Buffalo Sandwiches”.  Four?!  Wow.  He said that since they were “Jr.” they would probably be really small.  Wrong.  These were 4 regular size sandwiches!  Hey, at least we got a great price on them. 
I have also gotten a new phone.  I’d had my iPhone for 2 years and it was on the blink.  Let’s face it, it had been on the blink for a long time.  I should have taken it into the Apple store but I was too lazy for that.  Todd would call me multiple times and think that something bad had happened to me up my phone had simply blacked out.  I would do that for 15 minutes to a full 24 hours.  What’s the point in having a cell phone when it doesn’t work?  I think 2 years is good for a cell phone.  It was time to move on.  I wanted nothing to do with another iPhone so I switched to an HTC Inspire.  First impressions – I love it. 
That’s really all that is going on in my life.  My sister in law is getting married in less than 2 months and I have to make sure the dress I ordered fits and plan her mini-bachelorette.  I feel so behind.  I’m usually more on top of it.  I blame the chemo.  My focus is on next week and when I will feel better again.  If I could have anything to eat right now I would LOVE a smoothie.  I know I sound like a broken record but except for the cold sensitivity thing it would make me feel so much better.  My song of the day is the theme song to Veggie Tales since I was feeling like a vegetable earlier.  Enjoy!
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment