Saturday, April 2, 2011

Baby it's cold inside.

4/2/11 – Happy Saturday to all.  I hope you’re having a great day and enjoying nice weather.
Todd referees little league on Saturdays so that means I spend my mornings cleaning and watching TV movies.  Not a bad gig.  I’ve perfected the clean during the commercials approach.  It works really well for me.  I straighten up first and then move on to vacuuming and dusting.  All in all the house smells and looks clean. 
I think my cold sensitivity is starting to carry over into non-chemo weeks.  I have always been a cold natured person but I think it’s gotten worse lately.  I’ve been very cold at night.  I find that there are times when I have on sweats, comfy socks, and a blanket over me and I’m still cold.  I know I look crazy but I go and put on my robe on too.  I’ve actually slept with the robe on too.
The real kicker is when I’m sitting on the couch telling myself that it is warm outside but wondering if it would be wrong to turn on the heater.  Todd usually comes home around this time to stop me from turning our house into a sauna.  Today Todd got home from the little league game and turned on the fan.  The fan, really?  I was freezing.  There was no way I was staying in that room.  Too cold. 
I started to complain about how I was freezing.  Todd looked at me like I was crazy.  I think he actually said “Are you serious?”  “Yes, I’m serious!  It’s cold in this house.”  The jury is still out on whether this is brought on by the chemo or just my natural self.
This is going to be a short blog but I really have taken it easy today and right now I’m tired so there are no quirky thoughts running through my mind.  I’m thinking about crawling into bed and trying to decide if it would be cheating to have a little more ice cream before I go to bed. 
Some of our friends came over tonight and we grilled out.  It was nice to have a homemade burger and spend time with friends.  I made sundaes for dessert.  So, if I could have anything to eat I would like another sundae.  My song of the day is “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” by Glee.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment