Friday, April 1, 2011

Heartlessly Tired

4/1/11 – So, tired….must rest.
I worked a full day today and am now completely worn out.  I always start out strong but somewhere around 2:00 it hits me.  I know all of us get tired during the day but what I’m experiencing is a little bit more than the usual.  Before cancer and chemo I would work a normal day and get tired around 3:00.  I would have a snack and push through.  Once I left work at 5:00 my energy would be magically renewed because my time was now my own and not work’s. 
Nowadays it doesn’t matter when I get off work the magical energy that I used to have just doesn’t show up.  There is no renewed vigor as I walk out the doors and head home. 
Today I must have been showing my tiredness more than normal because at one point in the afternoon as I was searching for a different flavor gum one of my coworkers asked if I would like a dissolvable B12 vitamin to help boost my energy.  Wow.  Did I really look that bad?  It must have been showing for someone to make an offer like that.  I’ve always been told not to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I took the vitamin.  It tasted pretty good too.
I waited and waited and waited for the vitamin to kick in.  “Come on, you’re supposed to give me energy.  A little boost.”  I maybe had a slight boost in energy but I’m not sure if I can attribute that to the B12.  I was walking around as I was feeling a little more energized thinking “ok, my mind seems a little more peppy, but my legs sure do feel tired.”  The jury is still out on whether the vitamin actually worked or not.  I’m leaning more towards the not.
On to more important topics that my fatigue.  The other day when I was in the car the original “Heartless” by Kanye West came on.  The only version of the song I’ve heard lately is the Kris Allen version.  From the first time I heard the Kris Allen version I’ve thought it was just a little wrong.  I remember Kris from American Idol and he always seemed like a nice, straight-laced, white boy, not to mention the fact that all of America met his wife and she seemed cute and adorable.  Would Kris really use the terms “yo” and “homies” to address people he knows and who exactly is he calling heartless?  I mean, really?  I always found the song odd though it sounded good.  I told myself that there was no way I liked his version better than Kanye’s.  The problem there was that I had not heard Kanye’s version in a very long time.  He released the song way before Kris did so the radio’s rarely played his version.  Like I mentioned earlier I finally heard Kanye’s version on the radio the other day.  Guess what?  I do not like it nearly as well as I like the Kris Allen version.  Weird, right?  You would think that Kanye would be more believable singing a song about someone being heartless with terms like “yo” and “homies” thrown in there along with the fact that despite all his drama he really is a great singer.  I needed to talk about this and see if anyone else agrees with me.  It is something about the arrangement of the song on Kris Allen’s version that I prefer to Kanye’s.  I’ve attached the songs below if anyone else wants to weigh in on this subject.
I had a bit of good luck the other day.  As I was searching the freezer for something to cook for dinner I found 2 fillets in the fridge.  Score!  I’m having bacon wrapped steak for dinner tonight.  That is exactly what I would like to eat tonight.  I’m also going to grab my milkshake before chemo next week tonight.  Cookies and crème from Chick-fil-A.  Since I’ve already attached the links and the songs are definitely on my mind “Heartless” by either Kanye West or Kris Allen (take your pick) is my song of the day.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment