Sunday, April 24, 2011

Unusual Easter

 4/24/11 – Happy, happy Easter.
Today hasn’t been a usual Easter for me.  Easter usually involves ham, potato salad, and lots of other yummy foods, eggs and time spent with family.  This year is a little different.  Todd and I spent the day just the two of us and had spaghetti instead of ham.  Since this was my chemo week I didn’t feel much like traveling and it was nice to just have some time at home.  It was my first time trying spaghetti squash instead of the usual noodles and I think it was a success.  Do you ever wonder who was the first person to see a spaghetti squash and think that they could use it instead of noodles?  I mean, who looks at a squash and says “The inside of this squash looks like spaghetti noodles.  I think I’ll eat it with marinara.”
To celebrate Easter Todd and I planted our garden and worked in the yard.  I love working in the yard.  I was also hoping to even out my tan.  I made sure to wear a hat because I could totally burn the top of my head these days.  That would be embarrassing.  We planted sweet potatoes, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, banana peppers, cucumber, and an egg plant.  We’ll see how it turns out.  I love planting a garden.  I usually try to get flowers that are drought resistant because I’m really good at watering at the beginning of the season but slack off toward the end.  Drought resistant just makes it easier.  It doesn’t quite work that way with a vegetable garden but I make an exception for food.  I should have a sign that says “Will water for food”. 
I heart sparkles – no big surprise there.  There is something about sparkles that just make me smile.  One of my coworkers told me about some Olay lotion that has shimmer.  I decided to buy some to treat myself.  I love it.  It smells great and the shimmer is pretty and doesn’t make me look like a 15 year old.  I was slightly worried that I would sparkle all over like huge chunks of glitter – that would not have been flattering.  So, instead I shimmer (note: shimmer is acceptable, glitter is unacceptable).  Kind of like Edward on Twilight!  I shimmer when I step into the sun – hmmmm…  No, I have nothing to announce, but I did recently change my diet.
Today has been another productive day.  Church, Lowes to buy veggie plants (nope, didn’t pass out but I kinda felt like it), home to eat and work in the yard.  Now I’m relaxing on the couch watching Ghost Busters II.  Can you believe I’ve never seen Ghost Busters?!  “Something strange goin’ on, something’s wrong….”  I’m close to the beginning of the movie so I have no real critiques yet but I do have an overwhelming desire to yell at some slime.
If I could have anything to eat I would like a chocolate donut and a latte.  My song of the day is “The Lazy Song” by Bruno Mars.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment