Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stinkin' Thursdays

4/21/11 – Thursdays, oh how I dislike you.
In very simple terms, Thursdays suck.  There is nothing that I like about Thursdays other than the fact that they lead to Friday, which leads to Sunday, then Monday, then my wonderful feel better Tuesday.  Thursdays are just hard.
I woke up this morning and drug myself out of bed.  Well, to be honest Percy’s barking at Stella was driving me crazy and I couldn’t lie in bed and pretend I felt ok any longer.  Time to medicate.  I popped some anti-nausea meds and fixed some breakfast.  It was then time to get ready and head to the cancer center to get my port de-accessed. 
Jen drove me to have my port de-accessed this time.  It was my goal to stay awake the whole time.  It is very hard to stay awake on Thursdays.  Once my port is de-accessed I get very tired.  I stuck to my goal and stayed awake until I got home.  I then freed Percy from his baby gate prison and tried to watch a little television.  Television wasn’t doing it for me and I couldn’t fall asleep.  I decided to put in some chair time.  Chair time always makes me feel better.
Around 6:00 I called it a day and wandered back inside to try to fall asleep.  My usual Thursday night ickiness was starting to set in.  The feeling of extreme fatigue, nausea, and gross throat.  I guzzled some of my medical mouthwash but it can only numb my throat so much. 
Todd made it home and we cooked some dinner.  Afterwards I have just tried to survive.  That is basically my game plan for each Thursday – just survive it.  If I can make it through Thursday I can make it through anything.  So, now I am sitting on the couch drinking a glass of wine convinced that it is actually helping my throat or at least numbing my senses a little which I consider a positive.  I’m very tired and slightly emotional but I’m surviving.  This whole treatment thing is getting harder but I’m half way finished so I can handle it.
If I could have anything to eat I would like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and something cold to drink.  My song of the day is “Defying Gravity” by Glee.  “Some things I cannot change but until I try I’ll never know.”
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment