Friday, April 29, 2011

And the story continues...

4/29/11 – Hey, hey blog readers.
Unfortunately my symptoms haven’t improved – bummer.  The whole bruise being poked description has escalated to the bruise being punched phase constantly.  I’m surviving on will power and Percocet. 
I went in to work Thursday morning because my computer wasn’t working and I needed to get it corrected in order to work from home.  We had an all day training meeting that I wanted to try to attend.  My Percocet from the night before wore off at 7:00 so I was safe to drive and go in to work for a while.  I joined the meeting and stayed as long as I could.  Around 10:45 my symptoms started to get worse.  I called it quits from the office at 12:00 and migrated to the house.
Once I got home I checked my temperature and then called my doctor to tell her that my symptoms had gotten worse and now I was sporting a constant temperature. Great.  She called me in a prescription for antibiotics just to cover all our bases.
Today hasn’t been much different.  I started to go downhill around 12:00 and am still hanging on to the temperature.  I haven’t taken any Percocet yet.  I’m trying to make it as long as I can.  Today doesn’t feel as bad as yesterday but I haven’t been moving as much. 
My doctor’s office called to tell me that my throat culture came back negative.  What does that mean?  I don’t have strep and my throat culture came back negative.  I’m pretty sure I’m not making this up and I do have a small temperature.  The nurse told me that it is probably a virus and that I need to keep taking my medicine.  They haven’t really had enough time to kick in.  Oh, and she also told me that 100 is not really a temperature.  If I develop a fever of 103, though, I’m supposed to go to the ER. 
My thoughts on this:
-          There’s no way I have nothing wrong with me.  I know my body and I know I shouldn’t feel like this.  I mean, I have some serious pain going on.  I’m taking Percocet for crying out loud.
-          100 is not really a temperature?!  I generally run below 98.6 and it takes a lot for me to run a temperature so I do consider it an important fact.  Kinda felt like a slap in the face to me. 
-          I just want to feel better before chemo, and I don’t like feeling like I was told there’s nothing wrong with me when I KNOW there is.  That hurts my feelings.
Fortunately I’ve been texting my oncologist’s office and keeping them updated on what I heard and how I was doing.  They think that I may have thrush.  I normally don’t do this, but I looked it up online and thrush can affect people with compromised immune systems – ding, ding, ding.  Like cancer patients.  It can be painful and can last several days.  Since my sore throat is down in my throat I can’t see any of the other symptoms to know for sure.   
So that’s me.  That’s been my last few days. Depressing, right?  Don’t worry it gets worse.  I’ve been watching a lot, lot of Lifetime TV.  Oh, yeah… I went there.  So basically I’m lying on the couch, drinking lots of fluids, constantly checking my temperature, and on top of that I’m watching sappy love stories with an occasional betrayal thrown in there.   Fun times.
Hopefully my medicine will start to work sometime soon so I can quit complaining about how bad I feel.  Thanks for sticking in there with me.  If I could have anything to eat I would like a smoothie.  That would feel really good to my throat right now.  My song of the day is “A Little Bit Stronger” by Sara Evans.  Yep, I’m still in a country mood.  LOL!
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment