Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Simple Day

6/15/11 – Well, today is Wednesday.  That’s really all I can say.  Nothing interesting happened to today.
I woke up at 8:30 as Todd was getting ready.  Since it felt like Thursday was creeping in on my Wednesday I decided to sleep in more.  It’s always a good idea to delay the nausea and weakness as long as possible.  As long as I’m in bed I’m strong and feel good.  I woke up at 10:30 to let the dogs out and thought I would sleep 30 minutes and let them back in.  I was surprised when I woke up an hour later at 11:30.  Luckily Percy had not escaped the backyard like he has been known to do on occasion.  Never a good sign to have you dog returned to your house from your neighbor. 
My day consisted of me dragging myself out of bed, brushing my teeth and making my hair somewhat acceptable.  When I wake up in the morning my hair sicks out all over.  I tend to look like Albert Einstein in the morning.  I’m not joking.  It sticks straight out and I have that kind of crazy genius look in my eye unfortunately I lack the actual genius aspect.   I then shuffled into the kitchen and grabbed a pop tart and a glass of water on my way to the guest room.  The guest room is chemo headquarters this week.  It works out well because I’m comfortable, can watch TV if I want, and it is also the perfect place to fall asleep if needed.
Today I watched Emma, Pretty Little Liars, and then other random shows while I took a nap.  My foods of the week have become comfort foods for me – pop tarts, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and cereal.  That’s all I really want to eat.  I sound kind of like a 10 year old.  Believe me pizza would be on the list if red sauce did not sound disgusting to me right now.
That really was my day.  Nothing too much to talk about.  A lot of resting, and mentally preparing for tomorrow.  The new nausea med seems to work.  It puts me to sleep and you can’t be sick if you’re asleep, right?  Sleep has become my friend lately.
If I could have anything to eat I would like a smoothie or a Rita’s Italian Ice – darn you cold sensitivity!  My song of the day is Christina Perri “Jar of Hearts”.  I heard this on Pretty Little Liars today and got it stuck in my head.  It also kind of fits my mood for the day – mellow.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment