Thursday, June 9, 2011

Turn my cupcake makin' on!

If you count it won't equal 70 cupcakes - let's say the difference "fell" off the counter!

6/9/11 – Raise your hand if you were an unsafe driver today.  Yep, my hand is in the air.  Just because it is called “fast food” does not mean that it is portable food.  I’m using the term “portable” loosely.  Portable meaning how easily the food is able to move from bag to mouth.  After I left work today I decided that I couldn’t wait until I got home to eat.  I was hungry.  I ran by Chick-fil-A and picked up a cool wrap.  Of course the cool wrap comes with ranch dressing to dip the wrap in.  I unwrapped my cool wrap and squirted some ranch into the plastic container that the wrap came in.  That’s right, you read correctly.  I fully intended and actually did drive and dip my cool wrap into ranch dressing, not to mention the fact that cool wraps sound like a contained food but they aren’t.  The cool wraps are so packed they burst out of the wraps half way through eating.
So there I was driving up 85N eating my delicious cool wrap and dipping it into my side of ranch.  What was I thinking?  I like to pride myself on my safe-ish driving.  Yes, I do drive fast but I break early and I try to leave a good amount of space between myself and other drivers at stop lights – actual road driving doesn’t count.  85N cars speeding by and I dip, watch the road, and then bite.  I thought I did ok, but half way through my wrap, after my hunger finally started to die down, I realized that this probably wasn’t my brightest idea.  * No drivers were harmed during the consumption of my Chick-fil-A cool wrap. *
I’ve been very busy these last two days working and preparing for this weekend – bachelorette party.  I visited my friend (super Sherry) who was in the hospital.  Fortunately I arrived as the doctor was telling her she was cleared to go home later in the day.  Yesterday I picked up our new furniture.  I was cleared by Todd to leave with all the furniture set up in his hands and go to Yogli Mogli to have some girl time with one of my other friends who is another fellow cancer fighter.  As I left Yogli Mogli I received a text from Todd that simply said “not in a good mood”.  That is never anything that anyone wants to go home to, an upset spouse.  I called to see if I could do any damage control.  Todd was just upset because our new coffee table and one of the side tables was defective and the customer service lady told him that it was probably distressing that was supposed to be there – I can tell you this is not furniture that has “distressing” of any kind.  What a retard.  Todd was more worried that I would be upset.  Yes, I wanted the furniture together, but I can wait. 
Tonight has been cupcake wars at the Bamberg house.  I am charged with making the groom’s cake for Ashley and Jason’s wedding and Todd has a bake sale at work tomorrow.  I took a cake decorating class a few years back with Tara and Sara so I have all the tools to make a cake.  Whether I have the guts to make a grooms cake is yet to be determined.  Think about it – there’s going to be a wedding cake.  A wedding cake is made by a professional - someone that all he or she does is make cakes.  My cake is going to be in the same room as the wedding cake, that’s pressure.  My cake needs to at least be a B- to the wedding cake’s A+.  The one weapon I have in my arsenal is that the groom’s cake is going to be chocolate and everyone loves chocolate and my cupcakes are the epitome of the term “I wanna get chocolate wasted!”  So, the groom’s cake is not going to be made by an actual professional but instead will be made by an accountant that took a class at Hobby Lobby; but, hey, accountants are professionals too.
The cupcakes were to test whether the cake I’m going to make for the groom’s cake is actually a good cake or not.  I figured all else fails Betty Crocker makes a great devils food.  Todd was my “cupcake slave” – basically he did everything I told him to (I love when that happens).  Together Todd and I baked 70 cupcakes.  70!  Todd has a bake sale tomorrow so I doubled the recipe.  For the first time I realized what people at DC Cupcakes must feel like.  Stressed.  I’m not sure if my cupcakes are of the same caliber as theirs but I could definitely give the local cupcake store a run for their money.  I’m currently considering names for my cupcake boutique.  I’ve ruled out Cancer Cakes because that’s simply awkward.  I do like Sugar Hill Cupcakes (slightly boring).  Then there’s Sugar Shea (but I’m afraid that sounds like a stripper name).  I think Sugar Hill Cupcakes might be the best bet.
The cupcakes are delicious.  I just hope Jason likes them, otherwise I’m looking for a different recipe.  Since I made 70 cupcakes I needed a carrier.  I borrowed Kristina’s cupcake pans and carrier (holds 24 cupcakes).  I still needed more.  I sent Todd to Super Kroger hoping they would have a carrier.  Nope.  He then went to Wal-Mart to look for a carrier and found one that holds 12.  He drove all over looking for a cupcake holder and I was at home icing 70 cupcakes.  I think I have carpal tunnel from all the icing.  I am so tired and glad that the cupcake making is over.  Tired.
Random comment.  I generally shower in the guest bathroom.  No real reason other than it’s easier to shave your legs in there.  Anyway….  I showered in mine and Todd’s bathroom today and only had his body gel to shower with.  Todd has Old Spice Swagger.  Yep.  I smelled like a man, but I smelled like a good smelling man.  I stepped out of the shower singing “hopped out of bed, turn my swag on, took a look in the mirror said what’s up?” (Don’t judge me.)  So my song of the day is Soulja Boy’s “Turn My Swag On”.  If I could have anything to eat I would like…. chips….?  I’m not really hungry, the cupcakes wore me out.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment