Friday, June 3, 2011

Busy day, but I didn't pass out!

6/3/11 – Happy Friday all!  I hope everyone is off work and on to having a fun filled weekend.
I didn’t blog yesterday because I honestly didn’t feel like it.  I didn’t really feel like anything.  Thursdays are notorious for being the suckiest day of the week and yesterday did not fall short.  Mr. Berle came over early to help Todd and I prepare for the carpet that we have going in tomorrow.  Since he hasn’t taken me to chemo yet I got him to ride with me to have my port deaccessed. 
The nausea is always on hyper alert on Thursdays.  There is really nothing that I can do to make it go away.  All food tastes gross and according to Mrs. Janet I lose all color in my face – I’m not sure about the color part, that’s just what she told me.  So Mr. Berle and I scooted up to Gainesville to have my port deaccessed.  I had never asked before but I got one of the chemo nurses to give me some extra nausea meds through my port before having it deaccessed, now that was the power move.  It made me feel a little better.  I slept most of the day yesterday.  
Today I woke up and felt slightly better.  We had decided to try to have lunch with Todd.  I mustered up all my energy and we headed to Dog Days which specializes in hot dogs.  Todd and Mrs. Janet got a ruben dog, Mr. Berle got a Chicago dog, and I got a sour cream, guacamole, and bacon dog.  I know it sounds weird but it was delicious.  As we sat down to eat I suddenly felt something wet on my right arm.  Mr. Berle had squirted me with a pepper!  I had no clue.  It happened so fast.  The hot dogs were good and the fries were fresh.  I recommend Dog Days to anyone who likes a good hot dog and nice atmosphere.
After lunch we dropped Todd off at work.  I’ve never wanted him to not go back to work more than I did today.  I’m in a very needy mood lately.  Mr. Berle and Mrs. Janet and I headed to the Forum to try to find a top that I got the other day at the Loft for Mrs. Janet.  We stopped in the Loft (no luck), Bath and Body Works (boy can Mrs. Janet shop, she’s a professional), Old Navy (nothing great), and then Claire’s.  I’ve been talking about getting a tattoo, though my sister doesn’t approve.  I did decide to get my ears pierced and get a second hole.  Mark gave me a pair of sapphires for Christmas and there are times when I would like to wear other earrings but I want to wear my sapphires for sentimental reasons (colon cancer color) so I decided to get the second hole to always have the blue with me. 
I’m not gonna lie, when we walked into Claire’s I was tired and did feel a little funny.  I seriously wondered if I would pass out.  What would happen if I passed out in public?  That would be so embarrassing.  The lady put the dots on my ears and I checked to make sure it was lined up properly.  All I could think was that there was a high chance I would pass out sitting in a high chair holding a black teddy bear in Claire’s.  I am happy to report that I did not pass out.  After I’ve been stuck so many times that was nothing.
The guys have been busy preparing for the carpet.  Our house looks like a hurricane hit.  I’m sleeping on a mattress and box springs.  They also put up a gazebo in our backyard.  I’m currently sitting under the gazebo avoiding all responsibility, drinking sangria, listening to Jimmy Buffett, writing my blog.  The only way this could be better would be if I were on the beach and didn’t feel sick.  You win some, you lose some.
Well, I’m going to continue to relax and get to feeling better.  I’m in the mood for some good grilled chicken with Twix and Tween sauce wrapped in bacon for dinner.  My song of the day is “Take it Easy” by The Eagles.
Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment