Monday, June 27, 2011

No, officer, that's not my girdle

6/27/11 – Oh, blog, how I have missed you.  I had good intentions of writing over the weekend but there just wasn’t time.  I’m going to approach this over a period of time and may have to write a couple blogs to cover the details of the entire weekend.
Alright.  Let’s get to business.  Todd and I headed to Alabama Wednesday night.  Luckily I am blessed/cursed with insomnia during non-chemo weeks.  The insomnia must be stronger than my car narcolepsy because I didn’t even think of catching some car Z’s.  I stayed wide awake and decided to do some car karaoke to entertain Todd.  I’m not sure if I entertained him or annoyed him but it kept us both distracted and wide awake.  I covered all genres of music.  Katy Perry, Adele, country, Bruce Springsteen, even a little rock.  Old, new, good, bad, I did not discriminate.  867-5309-y-ine…. Yep, I went there - been there done that.  No car singing would be complete without the ever so popular hand microphone.  Todd didn’t do so well when I passed the mic to him.  Slacker!  I also brought out my inner diva when I was singing “Firework”.  I explained to Todd that when I stretched my hand out and closed my eyes and sang at the top of my lungs that that meant I was in the diva zone.  I totally rocked it out.
I also channeled my inner Will Ferrell while traveling.  As we passed Talladega I posted “if you’re not first your last”, courtesy of Talladega Nights.  After my awesome singing I had to pull from my Step Brothers knowledge and post “I’ve been called the songbird of my generation”.  I just wish there was a Will Ferrell one liner to describe this weekend – “just like cold case files…. Just like cold case files…”?  Nah.  It wasn’t THAT bad.  = )  More like “I’m all jacked up on Mountain Dew” because we all needed ALL the energy we could capture.
Wednesday night we arrived late and just said “hi” to everyone and then turned in.  Thursday morning we slept in a little.  I should have cherished the moment a little bit more.  I knew what was coming, but I don’t think anything can really prepare you for so much work.  After a late breakfast we headed out to the field to shoot guns.  Well, I watched as Todd and Jason shot.  Todd just got a Glock so he and Jason wanted to try it out. They shot the Glock, a 38, a 45, and Jason’s AR15.  I sat on the bench with ear plugs and was the X girl.  I marked X’s on all Jason and Todd’s shots.  I did try to shoot the Glock since I should know how to do it since it is in our house.  I am happy to report that I cocked it and shot it.  No, I did not shoot it well but I did shoot it.  I have a healthy fear of guns so I was done after my one shot. 
Not long after lunch time the resting was done.  Balls to the walls all the way going forward.  Mrs. Janet and I headed to Centreville to drop of one of the flower girl dresses and head to Walmart (our meeting spot with Ashley).  I was so afraid that my dress wouldn’t fit and I left my spanks at home.  Once Mrs. Janet and I got to Walmart we headed to the bodywear area to pick out some shapewear.  Some of those things are scary to look at.  I stared at the selection and picked out one I liked.  Mrs. Janet, Ashley, and I all got the same kind.  I don’t know about you but the bodywear area is not somewhere I want to run into someone, especially a male.  I try to break all eye contact with others as I’m picking out my unmentionables.  It’s just weird.  Well, as soon as Mrs. Janet and I made our selection as we are still standing right in front of all these other granny panties a cop walks up that Mrs. Janet happens to know and she starts talking to him about an uninsured motorist that hit Ashley.  Awkward….  No, officer I was not just staring and picking out shapewear.  No, that’s not my girdle-ish item in my cart.  I so don’t know what you’re talking about.  Of course he didn’t say anything about the shapewear it just was a little odd, only Mrs. Janet could be so comfortable in such a predicament.
I guess that is all I have for this one blog.  Stay tuned for all the juicy wedding details.  It only gets funnier.  If I could have anything to eat I would like a watermelon.  My song of the day is “This” by Darius Rucker.
Night y’all!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, love it! I do the same thing when buying underwear... there is to be no speaking or eye contact of any kind!! It's bad enough being judged by the check-out person.

    ReplyDelete