Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What flavor Frosty would you like?

12/28/10 – Can I just tell you that yesterday after I finished typing my blog Todd turns to me and says “Can I borrow the laptop once you’re finished?  I just accidentally purchased a PlayStation 3.”  What?!  How do you “accidentally” buy a PS3?  I’m sure if he can accidentally buy a PS3 I can think of something I can “accidentally” buy too – LOL!  Apparently Todd thought there was another step in the purchase screen and wanted to see what the payment plan options were so he clicked the button and it ordered it.  Oh my!  Let’s just say the order has since been cancelled.
Last night I started to feel a little head cold starting (not cool).  I don’t want to whine but I just don’t have time for a head cold, not to mention the fact that I can’t take anything with Sudafed because it raises my blood pressure.  I’m stuck with throat spray and Claratin.  Fingers crossed that this does not get any worse.  So far, I had my first real sneeze since the surgery and can I just say it hurt, a lot!  I’m just glad it happened now and not when I was at the hospital or when I first came home. 
Mom and I continued our Harry Potter movie marathon and watched The Chamber of Secrets today.  I thought we could squeeze two in today but that just didn’t happen.  I have started making mental daily schedules for myself.  I need to start seeing if I can keep to a schedule and gage how much I can do during a day.  So, my schedule for today was to write 2 letters, watch Harry Potter, and then straighten up the house some.  I accomplished all my goals!  Yes, I did have to use my “work during the commercials” strategy, but when you get tired quickly and can’t stand for too long it works out brilliantly.  I wonder if I can use the “work during the commercials” strategy when I go back to work??
Todd bought Tiger Woods 2011 for the Wii.  I have zero desire to play Tiger Woods.  Wouldn’t it be cool if the Tiger Woods game tested your ability to extract phone numbers off others’ cell phones? Now, that, would be a game I would be interested in playing!
Brad and Yen brought over some of my favorite beer tonight – Ommegang Witte.  It was really great. The little bit of beer I had hit the spot.  It was nice to just hang out and talk with friends.  While Brad and Yen were over Todd took the time to list all my pet peeves.  (I'm not sure why he chose then as the perfect time to list out all my "craziness", but he did.) As it stands my pet peeves are:
-          People not untying their shoe laces. Shoes last so much longer if you untie the laces. Todd never unties his shoe laces.
-          What is classified as good BBQ.  Chain BBQ places are not really BBQ.  If you think Sonny’s is good BBQ all I have to say is “bless your heart”.
-          How/When people use the term BBQing (burgers is classified as grilling! not BBQing! You do not BBQ burgers.)
-          You should never be asked what flavor Frosty you want.  Frosties are only chocolate!  They should really ask “Would you like a Frosty or a vanilla Frosty?”  Who’s with me on this one?!
-          How Paula Dean uses the word “y’all”.  She makes all Southern people look like performers.  I use the word y’all organically.  Paula Dean just throws it around.  As a Southern person I take offence to her use of the word in general. 
I’m sure I have more pet peeves but I can’t think of them right now.  As they spring to mind I’ll bring them up.  I’m sure you are all interested in what bugs me.
Kristina brought me some homemade caramels tonight which were yummy!  Homemade caramel people!  It’s so yummy!  I am back on to my burger kick.  I need a cheese burger.  I need one so bad I am contemplating just going to Burger King and getting a Jr. Whopper.  I’ve been told I need to hold out for Marlow’s Tavern.  It better be worth it!  My song of the day would be Ke$ha “You’re Love is My Drug” – yeah, I went there!  Enjoy having it run through your head all night – ha haaha! Good night all!

2 comments:

  1. Here's another one: "Krogers" :) Thought I'd add. See you tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can add to your pet peeve list...a driver that pulls out in front of you like their tail is on fire and then goes the speed limit or below.

    I remember many car rides where that ticked you off to no end. It does me too.

    ReplyDelete