Saturday, December 25, 2010

Blue Christmas

The Beginnings of our White Christmas!

12/25/10 – Merry Christmas to all!  I hope everyone is having a great Christmas.  At our house we are on to our second Christmas.  Technically it is Christmas Eve here.  – Yes, I do realize it is Christmas day in the real world, but at the Bamberg house in Sugar Hill, GA it is Christmas Eve.  No matter what day we get together we always act as though the days we are together are Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Yesterday Todd and I hung out and relaxed.  We really didn’t do anything special – no, we did not even make it to Super Kroger (bummer).  It was a great day. 
Todd has been watching for a package in the mail the last several days.  Each day the mail comes he stands on the front door and just kind of pouts.  He even consulted with his sister who works at the post office in Centreville.  The package he was waiting for finally came yesterday.  Finally!  Finally!  He came inside and started going through everything.  He had ordered 10 colon cancer awareness bracelets, a necklace for my mom that says “faith, hope, love” and has navy ribbons on it, and a Swarovski crystal/sterling silver colon cancer awareness bracelet.  He handed me the box with the bracelet in it.  I opened it and smiled really big.  The more I smiled the harder it was to hold the tears back.  The bracelet was exactly what I wanted.  Everything has happened so fast it has been really hard for me to process that I have cancer.  I don’t feel sick.  I feel just like me.  But, I have colon cancer.  How? How did this happen?  Yes, on some level it does bother me but I really am ok.  I am wrapped in the peace that surpasses understanding.  The bracelet just symbolizes all that I have been through over the past 3 months.  I went from thinking I was lactose intolerant to finding out I have cancer (that just makes me laugh every time I say that – LOL!).  I know I have a road ahead of me and that road is not always going to be easy. The bracelet basically means that I am greater than this because this doesn’t define me, it gives me character – flair, if you will (and I LOVE flair!). 
So, the Hardens got into town today.  They cooked, cooked, cooked just like the Bambergs.  We watched Christmas movies and watched the rain turn to snow.  I have never had a white Christmas – this really is a special year for me on so many levels.  Erin and Mark got into town and our ensemble was complete.  We had another yummy “Christmas Eve” dinner (remember we moved our days back) – potato soup, sandwiches, BLT dip, cheese ring, chicken salad, and sausage.  After dinner we hung out and then exchanged gifts.  We always exchange names at Christmas.  My wonderful brother-in-law got my name and he gave me sapphire earrings!  All of these classic navy items really touch my heart.  The Bambergs got almost everything on my Christmas list, so Mark and Erin went off the list and got something very sentimental.  I told Mark that I could have cried again, but I didn’t know how it would look if I got jewelry from him and then I started crying – can anyone say awkward??  The earrings are perfect!
I hope to have some beautiful snow covered pictures for all of you tomorrow morning.  Everyone say a little prayer for my dad.  He has already thrown one snowball in my house and I don’t know if he will survive throwing another.  I may move slower but I’m not completely incapable of taking him out! Bam!
I have eaten everything I wanted.  The only thing I would ask for is to be able to eat more because I want MORE!  It’s all so yummy.  My song for the day is “White Christmas”! Holla (that’s for my LJ girls)!
We are off to watch Home Alone (the first one!) thanks to the DeVaney’s.  I can’t wait!  Merry, Merry! Love!

Dear Santa,
You’re awesome!
Best Regards,
Shea

1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes!! I'm in church reading (shh) people are thinking I'm moved by the sermon (my dad is preaching...lol)
    Love you girl, canT wait to see you; HOLLA!!

    ReplyDelete