Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hardee's Biscuit and Gravy PLEASE

12/12/10 – Well, today I’m stuck at home (sad, I know).  I’ve been battling a head cold and since the nurses said no vitamin C or multivitamin after the pre-op, the cold has come out in full force.  My goal for today is to not get worse.  Right now I sound like a frog and have a small cough.  I guess I won’t make it to Stone Mountain for my work Christmas party after all.  Sadness.  (If I had the picture of me in Barbados when I didn’t feel well, I would insert it here.  It’s pretty pathetic.)

The first thing I think of when I get out of bed every morning is breakfast.  I want breakfast!  I could so go for a Hardee’s biscuit and gravy – Mmmm!  Last night Todd got a burger from Five Guys.  When we went inside and could smell all the awesome burgerness (**New word alert “burgerness”.  I’m in talks with Words With Friends to have this added to their dictionary.) Todd said, “Shea, you better go wait outside.”  Unh uh!  The doctor has already taken away my taste.  How dare you try to take away my sense of smell!  For the next few days, while I still want food, I am living vicariously through others.  So, if someone thinks a Hardee’s biscut and gravy sounds pretty awesome too, come on over.

No church for me today since I am locked in the house.  I’ve been thinking about the last sermon that I actually got to hear.  Please pardon me for being preachy, but this is my blog, so I can say whatever I want = )  The last sermon I heard really touched my heart.  At the time I was experiencing a lot of pain.  It was right before I did the sitz marker test.  I have been clinging to this passage ever since.
 2 Corinthians 4:7-18 (New American Standard Bible)
 7 But we have this treasure in (A)earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of (B)the power will be of God and not from ourselves;
 8 we are (C)afflicted in every way, but not (D)crushed; (E)perplexed, but not despairing;
 9 (F)persecuted, but not (G)forsaken; (H)struck down, but not destroyed;
16 Therefore we (R)do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our (S)inner man is (T)being renewed day by day.
 17 For momentary, (U)light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,
 18 while we (V)look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
I tend to hang out around verse 8 and verse 17.  I have found through this that I am sometimes perplexed and yes, I have light affliction, but in reality I’m ok.  I’m going to be ok.  I have found a lot of strength in these verses.  I know when Pastor Bobbie was preaching he apologized if the message came  across as being unfeeling towards someone’s trials.  I actually found it the opposite, uplifting.  It showed me that what I am feeling is only temporary and no matter how bad I hurt, I’m going to be ok because God is with me through it all.  Preachy moment over.  Thanks for humoring me.

Now to drink my first Ensure of the day and pretend it’s a Hardee’s biscuit and gravy….

I basically took it easy today since I was confined to the house.  I really enjoyed the snow flurries.  They made me feel better.  I decided to weigh and see if I have lost any weight during this whole liquid diet thing.  I am down 11 pounds since last Friday – what?!  That’s insane.  It looks like my New Year’s resolution has found me – I’ve been avoiding it for several years.

On to my song of the day… I don’t really have anything that sticks out so I’m going to choose “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!” just because the snow made me happy.  The food that I would give my left arm for today is Sesame Chicken.  I had actually planned to have Chinese food the Thursday night that I was put on a liquid diet.  I’ve wanted it ever since.  Extra egg rolls!

Everyone say a little prayer.  I'm bound to slip into more diva moments because I get no food or drink after midnight tonight and my surgery isn't until 3:30!  That's a long time, especially when you are already hungry.  Wonder if sleep walking eating is considered cheating?


Dear Santa,
I’ve been very good this year.  I would like to be able to eat real food for Christmas.  My only stipulation is that the real food tastes good.  It would be a travesty if I go without food for this long and the first thing I get to eat taste horrible.  Not too picky, right?  That’s all.
Yours Truly,
Shea Bamberg

No comments:

Post a Comment