Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hey Soul Sister

12/14/10

It's about to get real.  Yesterday went well, quite a bumpy ride.  The highlight of my day was being pushed around in the hospital bed.  I asked the nurse if we could race down the hall because I was already going to surgery - What could it hurt?

I was in surgery for about three hours.  When I got out I was feeling pretty good and very chatty.  I got to hang out with friends and family.  My fellow divas brought me fun socks, head bans, and a tiara to top it off.

Sleep was elusive.  I finally had to get a different type of pain med to help me relax and get a little rest.

I didn't know much about the surgery and don't remember talking to my doctor.  During my time in my room I have watched: Kendra, The Nanny, Full House, Family Matters, Everybody hates Chris, The Nanny (again), and Saved by the Bell.  During a critical time during Saved by the Bell, Mom and Todd said, "Shea can we talk, we need to tell you about your surgery yesterday.  The Dr. was able to get all of the mass out and he referred to it as a tumor". What?!  Why didn't I know about this sooner?  So what if I was a little loopy yesterday?  Didn't I deserve to know first?  I soon got over my slight irritation of being filled in last.  I should be grateful for people who knew and were able to pray for me  so specifically.  My lymph odes are being tested to see if they are healthy.  I am looking forward to getting a cool cancer tattoo once all of this is over.

Believe it or not I am actually hungry, but it's only ice chips for me.  Once again I am pretending the ice chips are a peach plus smoothie from Smoothie King.  I was able to get up brush my teeth and walk around.  A little mascara, lip gloss, and a cute head band do a lot for a girl.  I am still in pain, but I am felling much better.  The song that is playing is Train "Hey Soul sister, aint that Mister Mister on the stereo?  The way you move aint fair you know..."

As Arnold would say " Its not a tumor" - at least not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment