Monday, December 27, 2010

I hate me too!



12/27/10 – I survived my two Christmases.  I had a really great time.  Yesterday morning we woke up to play in the snow a little and then have hash brown casserole – YUM!  After we finished one meal we start working on the next – that’s just how we role!  We lounged around and enjoyed family time.  Mark grilled a fabulous beef tenderloin for our “Christmas” dinner.  Around 3 o’clock we had our second meal of the day – grilled beef tenderloin, baked potato, salad, along with all the sauces and fixings.  It was a lovely meal.  Dad and Granny headed home after we cleaned up the kitchen.  That left me, Todd, mom, Mark, and Erin.  What to do? How about some online shopping and TV?
Each of us girls looked for something we wanted.  I want a sapphire necklace to go with my earrings and bracelet, Erin wanted boots, and mom wants a jacket – notice how Erin’s is past tense?  Yeah, she was able to find what she wanted, mom and I are still searching.  I have plenty of time – nothing but time to sit and recuperate.
A little later in a day we decided to pull out our Glee season 1 DVD and introduce mom, Erin and Mark to all the fun.  I heart Glee.  Mom survived watching it and one time I would have sworn she was asleep until she said “that sounded good!” Ha haha!  She cracks me up.  I love to sing along with the show.  Sometimes I find Todd just starting at me waiting for me to break out into song.  I have to admit that I find it hard at times.  Y’all should have seen me when we went to see Wicked at the Fox.  I had all the songs memorized and had added my own flair and inflection to them.  If something terrible had happened to one of the actresses and her understudy I would have totally been prepared to step in.  I bet the people sitting in front of me hated me – or they could have been thinking “that girl behind us should totally audition for the part of Galinda!”  (Total bunny trail, but that was the best birthday present I EVER got.  Going to see Wicked at the Fox and staying at Georgian Terrace.  If/When I make it back to New York I am so going to see Wicked on Broadway.)
I finally made it out of the house on non-doctor-related-business today.  Erin and Mark were headed out of town so we all went to eat at Mojitos (if anyone needs a good Cuban restaurant in the Atlanta area, go to Mojitos in Norcross) and Todd met us during his lunch hour.  The food like always was delicious.  I am eating like a bird lately.  I can only eat about 1/3 of what I normally would have consumed during a meal pre-surgery.  It hurts my feelings because the food is so good and there aren’t too many things that I love more than good food.  I love to eat!  Maybe that is why our refrigerator is so full?  I refuse to throw out the food because I want to eat it! 
I stepped on the scale the other day just out of curiosity.  I have been eating better and thought I might have gained some weight.  Nope, down a pound – SWEET!  I stepped on the scale this morning fully aware that I had to have gained like 3 pounds.  I ate a ton yesterday – beef tenderloin, baked potato, cake, buckeyes, red velvet bites (Yum!), … Can you believe it?  I lost another pound!  I know, I know!  I hate me too!  I am now down a total 13 lbs.  My New Year’s resolution is going to be to keep off the weight that I’ve lost.
It was nice to get out and have some fun today, but it really wore me out.  As I was sitting at lunch my eyes started to get heavy and I just felt very tired.  I am amazed at how simple things, like getting ready to go somewhere or going out to lunch, wear me out!  Once mom and I got home we started working on one of my “to do’s” while I’m stuck on the couch – watching all my Harry Potter movies.  We started with the first one.  I wanted to watch all of them before I saw the first installment of The Deathly Hallows but that didn’t quite work out.  I figure watching them now is just as good.  Hopefully I can fit 2 movies in tomorrow.
I had a yummy dinner tonight and got some fabulous Ritz crackers with peanut butter inside dipped in chocolate today, so I don’t really want anything else to eat.  There were only a few Ritz and I had to share with Todd and mom.  I think mom and I might have to make some of our own tomorrow.  My song of the day would be “Wishin’ and hopin’, and thinkin’, and prayin’”.  The oncologist’s office called today and scheduled a consultation for January 5th.  I’m a little nervous, but I’m also ready to get this knocked out!  I know I will feel better once I know what the plan is – I love to have a plan laid out (I have type A tendencies).
Well, good night all.  Go Falcons! (Sometimes I like to pretend I care about football.)

1 comment: