Friday, December 31, 2010

Favorite Things

Happy 2011!

12/31/10 – I have had a lot of you ask me if I am still showering in the dark.  The answer is yes and no.  If it’s dark I do turn the light on, but if its day time I have more than enough light.  I still have no desire to stare at my incision.  Yes, I have finally looked at it, but it was more like a quick glance.  I have this fear that my belly button is no longer there though I know that is absolutely ridiculous.  I actually asked my surgeon when I had the staples removed and he laughed at me and said “yes, you still have your belly button.”  Did you know that you never really lose your belly button even if you have surgery in that area?  I just think that is nice to know.  It would really bother me if I didn’t have one.  So, I just check my incision from time to time to make sure my belly button is still there.  So far it hasn’t disappeared.
I noticed there were a few of you who brought up some more of my pet peeves.  You all know me too well, or I am too vocal about things that tick me off.  So, to complete, or should I say add to the list, here are a few more of my pet peeves:
-          As Erin pointed out people who pull out in front of you going fast and then drive very slow.  What is that about?!
-          People who add “s” to end of things that do not have an “s” on them or are already plural.  Such as Kroger – not Krogers.  Krogers is never ok, unless you are talking about Kroger’s pharmacy or Kroger’s awesome food selection. AWANA – not AWANAs.  AWANA is already plural – Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed – workman = plural.
-          People who pronounce poinsettia, pecan, and finance wrong.  You know who you are!  Cut it out! Yes, I looked in the dictionary and it is perfectly acceptable to pronounce poinsettia either way, but as far as I’m concerned it’s my way or the highway.  Oh, and people who know it annoys me and still do it, not funny.  Not funny at all.
-          School buses.  This requires no further explanation.  If you are my facebook friend please refer to my note labeled “WACM”.  I rest my case.
Today was a great day.  Todd was off work so he and I hung out, watched TV, and straightened up the house.  I went on another walk with my neighbor Lori.  She is also recuperating from surgery so we walk around the same pace.  We added another tenth to our walk today.  I’m feeling much more flexible and energetic.  Bekah showed up around 5:30 and we started our awesome New Year’s Party!  So far we have watched a little TV, eaten, played U Draw on Wii, watched a few fireworks outside, and now we have moved on to playing Wii Resort – I love bowling and sword play. 
Since it’s almost the New Year I think my song should be “My Favorite Things” from the Sound of Music.  I think we should end 2010 on a positive note, so hopefully that will carry through into 2011.  If I were to write the song some of my favorite things would be:
fireworks, things that sparkle, flowers, sunsets, the beach, butterflies, shoes, time with family, puppies, plays, music, sunshine, stormy days, Christmas, roller coasters, snow, candles that smell like foods, dark chocolate, mascara, pizza, shadows, fireflies, being outside on beautiful days, crisp mornings, fuzzy socks, getting my hair done, lip gloss, Coke, BBQ, singing, the color red, bon fires, pedicures …
Well, I’m off to play some more Wii.  I hope everyone has a very happy New Year.  Don’t forget to eat your black-eyed peas and collard greens tomorrow! 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment