Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Rainy days don't get me down

7/19/11 – Sorry I have left y’all hanging for several days.  I had too much fun on our mini vacation and then last night I was just plain tired.
There isn’t a lot to report.  Saturday was another rainy day at the cabin.  Todd and I took the dogs on a walk and it started raining on us.  (We all know how I like to walk in the rain)  We spent most of the day reading, sleeping, playing PlayStation and relaxing.  Saturday night we went out to dinner and hit the jackpot.  I love fried mushrooms.  Zaxby’s used to have them but they have changed and aren’t nearly as good.  As soon as I saw the words “fried” and “mushroom” put together on the menu it was on.  I had to have some.  Our dinner was delicious and the mushrooms were good.  After dinner Todd and I picked up a pack of double stuffed Oreo’s and sat out on the pier, watched the sun go down, and listened to “Toes Radio” on Pandora.  There’s something about watching the sun go down and boats ride by that is highly relaxing, bordering on cathartic.  By the time we heard “Margaritaville” the second time we packed it up and headed up to the cabin. 
Sunday was the only sunny day of our mini-staycation.  It figures that the last day is always the prettiest.  Have any of you ever noticed that before?  I think it is some cruel trick of the universe.  It always seems to happen.
So, Sunday Todd and I laid out for a little while.  I started to get hot and dizzy after about an hour so we moved under the shade to enjoy our beautiful day without the sickly feelings.  Mom and Dad returned from their vacation later in the afternoon and we just hung out and talked.  We stayed through dinner and completely lost track of time because we didn’t leave to head home until 8:00.  We didn’t want to leave but responsibility was calling.  Darn you responsibility!  Mom and Dad recently got a new refrigerator for the cabin and Todd and I took the old one to go in our garage.  (I have a serious lack of freezer space)  So, there we were headed up the road in Todd’s truck with our fridge strapped to the back  – classy. 
We made it home slowly without any problems.  Todd and I even managed to get the fridge off the truck just the two of us – I think it was mostly Todd but we can pretend that I contributed.  I have watched wrestling a couple times so I think I have a few power moves.
I am now officially done with treatment.  Feels weird.  I’m taking it slow Monday and Tuesday and then plan to start back to work at work full time Wednesday forward.  Can you believe it?  I haven’t been able to work a normal week since early December.  Hard to believe this day is finally here.
If I could have anything to eat I would like a blizzard – I have wanted a butter finger blizzard since Sunday.  Todd and I started back on our diet yesterday and I am SO going to get a blizzard on our cheat day!  My song of the weekend would have to be “Knee Deep” by Zac Brown Band.
Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment